Welcome to Evanston, Illinois. Located just north of Chicago, Evanston is diverse in many ways, much to the delight of its visitors and residents.
Home to Northwestern University, Evanston has a variety of excellent higher educational opportunities, as well as a successful public school system.
Evanston is also home to the world headquarters of Rotary International. Rotary International is the world's first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide.
Getting to and around Evanston once you are here is easy with a multitude of public and private transportation options.
Visit the Evanston History Center (pictured at right) for more biographical information about this great city.
Read more about Evanston online in the book: "This is Evanston: A Guide to History, Government, Education, and Community Resources" provided by The League of Women Voters.
To explore Evanston’s unique commercial districts and neighborhoods please visit our Economic Development Website, EvanstonEdge.com.
Twitter Town Hall Meeting
Commission on Aging
We Love Evanston Day
City of Evanston's Annual Firewood Sale Ends
- Thought-Provoking Adaptation Surrounding Youth and Violence in Our Community March 14, "THE RIPPLE EFFECT"
- ComEd Vegetation Trimming Adjacent to Railroads Set for March
- Open House Public Meeting on Central St./Green Bay Rd. Improvements March 12
- Downtown Evanston Named One of America's Top 10 Downtowns
- Fountain Square Renovation Project Open House Rescheduled to March 11