Welcome to Evanston, Illinois. Located just north of Chicago, Evanston is diverse in many ways, much to the delight of its visitors and residents.
Home to Northwestern University, Evanston has a variety of excellent higher educational opportunities, as well as a successful public school system.
Evanston is also home to the world headquarters of Rotary International. Rotary International is the world's first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide.
Getting to and around Evanston once you are here is easy with a multitude of public and private transportation options.
Visit the Evanston History Center (pictured at right) for more biographical information about this great city.
Read more about Evanston online in the book: "This is Evanston: A Guide to History, Government, Education, and Community Resources" provided by The League of Women Voters.
To explore Evanston’s unique commercial districts and neighborhoods please visit our Economic Development Website, EvanstonEdge.com.
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
United Way Evanston Day of Caring
Evanston Art and Big Fork Festival
Burnham In Evanston Walking Tour
"The Big Draw Evanston"
- Presentation from September 29 Gibbs-Morrison Project Meeting Now Available
- Evanston Police Department Hosts "Coffee With a Cop" on October 7
- City of Evanston 2016 Parking Lot Improvement Project Begins October 3
- Reminder: Early Deadline for Delinquent 2015 Property Tax Payments
- 2016 Mayor's Award for the Arts Nominees Announced