Welcome to Evanston, Illinois. Located just north of Chicago, Evanston is diverse in many ways, much to the delight of its visitors and residents.
Home to Northwestern University, Evanston has a variety of excellent higher educational opportunities, as well as a successful public school system.
Evanston is also home to the world headquarters of Rotary International. Rotary International is the world's first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide.
Getting to and around Evanston once you are here is easy with a multitude of public and private transportation options.
Visit the Evanston History Center (pictured at right) for more biographical information about this great city.
Read more about Evanston online in the book: "This is Evanston: A Guide to History, Government, Education, and Community Resources" provided by The League of Women Voters.
To explore Evanston’s unique commercial districts and neighborhoods please visit our Economic Development Website, EvanstonEdge.com.
Flying Turkey 5K
Small Business Saturday
- CTA Holiday Train to Stop in Evanston Dec. 16, 18, 19, 22
- "The Nutcracker on Ice" Celebrates the Holiday Season Dec. 11-13
- City to Complete Additional Street Cleaning Operations December 1-4
- "Shop Evanston" on Small Business Saturday November 28
- Winners of the 10th Annual Paint Evanston Plows Contest Announced