- Arts & Culture
- Directions & Transportation
- Dining & Shopping
- Farmers' Market
- Festivals & Concerts
- History & Demographics
- Lakefront & Beaches
- Sports & Leisure
Welcome to Evanston, Illinois. Located just north of Chicago, Evanston is diverse in many ways, much to the delight of its visitors and residents.
Home to Northwestern University, Evanston has a variety of excellent higher educational opportunities, as well as a successful public school system.
Evanston is also home to the world headquarters of Rotary International. Rotary International is the world's first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide.
Getting to and around Evanston once you are here is easy with a multitude of public and private transportation options.
Visit the Evanston History Center (pictured at right) for more biographical information about this great city.
Read more about Evanston online in the book: "This is Evanston: A Guide to History, Government, Education, and Community Resources" provided by The League of Women Voters.
Board of Ethics - CANCELED
Zoning Board of Appeals
Housing & Community Development Act - RESCHEDULED
- Celebrate 150 years of Evanston with "Its Thursday, Let's Dance! "
- Tree Summit to Save Evanston's Urban Forest Set for June 22
- Washington St. Lane Closure for CTA Work June 22-23
- E.P.D. Announces Upcoming Youth Citizen Police Academy
- Evanston Fire & Life Safety Services Begins Recruitment Campaign