- Cultural Organizations
- Public Art
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center
- Evanston Arts Awards
- Cultural Fund Grant Program
Noyes Cultural Arts Center
The Noyes Cultural Arts Center, owned by the City of Evanston, is a lively home to over 20 artists and arts organizations offering music, theater, and visual arts programs and studios.
There is a full stage at the Noyes Cultural Arts Center that seats 190 people and two galleries. The galleries exhibit local artists, with exhibitions changing every two months. The building is home to many arts organizations and artists; a link to artists is at left.
For Cultural Arts programs offered by the City of Evanston, visit the Recreation and Arts Activity page or visit the "City Arts Camps & Events" link at left.
Applications from individual professional artists and professional performing and visual arts organizations are being accepted for the lease of four studio spaces in the Noyes Cultural Arts Center, 927 Noyes St., Evanston.
This elevator building is located on Noyes Street between Ridge and Sherman Avenues and is adjacent to the CTA Purple Line.
The Center’s mission is to provide long-term and short-term work and exhibition space to artists and arts organizations representing all disciplines, cultures and stages of development. It is dedicating to fostering high quality creative activity that is diverse and accessible to all.
• One garden level studio (505.90 sq. ft.); rent is $483/mo.
• Two first floor studios (220.80 sq. ft. and 955.90 sq. ft.); rent is $279/mo. and $1,208/mo. respectively.
• One second floor studio (946.30 sq. ft.); rent is $1,063/mo.
Rent is from Oct. 1, 2014 through Dec. 31, 2014, with a potential increase anticipated for the subsequent year.
Please call regarding resident artist requirements! Viewing is by appointment only; final approval of applicants is made by Evanston’s City Council. Please call 847-448-8260 for an appointment.
Application deadline: August 14, 2014.
The City of Evanston is committed to making programs accessible to persons with a disability. For mobility or communications access information, call 847-866-2910 (voice), 847-448-8064 (TDD) or 800-526-0844 (IL Relay Center).
Noyes Cultural Arts Center
927 Noyes St. Evanston, IL 60201
Monday - Saturday: 10am - 7pm
Sunday: 10am - 6pm
- Aug 29 Jazz Meets Blues Concert II
- Aug 29 Romeo and Juliet
- Aug 30 Northwestern Football vs. California
- Aug 30 Romeo and Juliet
- Aug 30 Gospel Celebration Concert: The Men of Gospel Music
- 'Kits, 'Cats and Kids Will Transform Sherman Avenue into a Block Party
- Children Invited to Audition for "The Hobbit" Sept. 2, 4
- "Sight Unseen" Exhibition Opens September 10
- Enjoy Live Mariachi, Folkloric Dance and More at "Jalisco en Evanston" August 28
- Enjoy Evanston's Biggest Block Party Ever, "Streets Alive!," on Main Street September 7