The City Council met this evening to discuss goal setting. While each Alderman and the Mayor expressed the importance of all City services, they selected twelve goal areas to focus attention. These are in alphabetical order:
- Affordable Housing
- Budget Planning
- Capital Improvement Program Planning
- Climate Action Plan
- Economic Development
- Efficiency and Effectiveness of Services
- Federal/State/Regional Government Affairs Agenda
- Lakefront Development
- Northwestern University
- Police and Fire Pension Funding Issues
- Robert Crown Center Improvements
- Safety Issues
The Council selected subheadings the Capital Improvement goal (Street and Alley Infrastructure); Economic Development (Water Sales Issues and Neighborhood Revitalization) and Efficiency and Effectiveness of Services (Transparency of City Operations).
Staff will bring back to the Council between now and the end of November each of these issues areas for further discussion.