1. Under presentations we will be recognizing Evanston residents Adrian and Daphne Dortch who have recently participated in the NBC television program, “The Biggest Loser” a weight loss reality show. The Dortchs will also be speaking at the kick off of this year’s Women Out Walking on Saturday.
2. Staff will be giving an update on our efforts to sell water to other neighboring communities. We are now in discussions to sell water to 11 new communities.
3. Presentation of proposed revisions to City economic development plan.
4. Item A4: Our costs for disposing of sludge processed out of Lake Michigan water for drinking have grown substantially because of the number of storms in 2011 that caused record high turbidity levels in the water. We now have to pay Water Reclamation District an additional $489,336 for costs to remove the sludge we process out of the water. Utility Department staff have done a good negotiating favorable payment terms to pay this additional expense from the Water Fund.
5. Item A5 and A6: Staff is proposing to spend $1.75 million from reserves for additional CIP projects and vehicle purchases. This works out to $1 million for additional streets (the next group on our list of most needed repairs), $500,000 for additional vehicle replacement and $250,000 to replace 50 street light power centers that are past useful life.
6. Item A10: Ordinance authorizing City Manager to execute a transfer of assignment contract for the purchase of 1223-1125 Chicago Avenue for a city parking lot adjacent to the new Trader Joe’s. Cost of parcel is $1.4 million and will be paid for by the Parking Fund.
7. Several items related to liquor licenses including second reading on requested license for World of Beer.