1. Report outlining next steps on electric aggregation initiative. Two public meetings are required by law on proposed operations plan and have been scheduled for April 3 and 4. Staff is working on organizing a third meeting for Monday April 9 in deference to those who may be out of town for school spring breaks the week of April 2. Operations plan is scheduled for City Council meeting on April 10.
2. Approval of 2012 Special Events Calendar
3. Continued discussion on changes to alley paving program.
4. Adoption of initial ordinances to begin process to establishing Dempster/Dodge TIF District.
5. Staff is requesting that adoption of ordinance to allow for purchase of 1223-1225 Chicago Avenue be held over until April 10, 2012. Staff wants to be able to bring to the Council documents authorizing acquisition of Northwestern parcel and a license for use of lots between City and Terraco on April 10 as well for whole package of City approvals needed for Trader Joe's project.
6. Consideration of ordinance making "payday loan or consumer loan establishments" a special use. We have had interest in recent months of these types of uses in areas of focused redevelopment efforts (Dempster/Dodge and Howard Street) that run contrary to these efforts. Staff is proposing the change.
Note that the proposed ordinance on ban of use of mobile phones while driving is not on agenda as planned. Alderman Grover is working on proposed amendments to ordinance and item will be brought forward at a future meeting.