1. Approval of purchase of twenty vehicles for Police and Parking Enforcement. This is the first big purchase to replace the Crown Victorias at Police with mostly Ford Interceptors. The Crown Victorias are no longer made by Ford. This is a big change for us. Check out Ford website for more details on Interceptors. Another big change is going to Ford Focus from Jeeps for parking enforcement officers. Website for details on Focus
2. Implementation of changes to one day liquor license and minimum penalties for general non-parking ordinance violations. These both were part of the FY 2012 adopted budget.
3. Resolution reserving the City’s right to issue $7.076 million in bonds under the bond volume tax cap. We have no intension to do any of this, but take action to keep State of Illinois from using our bond cap itself. This is an annual Council action.
4. Consideration of major variation and special use permit for rehab of existing Walgreens at 635 Chicago Avenue.
5. Resolution accepting the Evanston Environmental Association’s Roadmap to Financial Self-Reliance. This is a great agreement almost two years in the making which brings the EEA and the City closer together on a variety of initiatives.