Facade Improvement Program
The Economic Development Division administers the City of Evanston's Facade Improvement Program. The intent of the Program is to improve the appearance of the façades, the street-facing exteriors of a building, of commercial buildings located throughout the City of Evanston.
Eligible participants of the program include:
property owners of commercial buildings within Evanston;
and tenants leasing ground floor commercial buildings.
Eligible improvements include improvements that contribute to the visual enhancement of the property as viewed from the public right-of-way. Past projects have included:
- Painting of Exterior Elements
- Replacement of Street-Facing Doors
- Installation of new Exterior Lighting
- Replacement of Storefront Windows
- Restoration of Historic Details
- Installation of new Awnings
For additional information please visit: