Film / Movie / Photo Shoot Permit
Permission for film and photo shoots within the City of Evanston is coordinated by the Public Works Department, Division of Transportation, and we will do our best to ensure that your experience here is positive.
While it is the City of Evanston’s policy to accommodate requests to film in the City whenever possible, caution is exercised to keep disruption to a minimum. See the pdf below for an explanation of the general procedures for acquiring the appropriate permits for film and photo shoots. ATTACHMENT A of the pdf includes all regulations pertaining to film and photo shoots within the City of Evanston.
TERM: The film permit shall serve as the agreement for smaller productions taking only one or two days. Concerning private property, productions are limited to three (3) per street address per calendar year, and cannot occur within sixty (60) days of each other.
FEE: Permit fee: $75 ($25 for schools and non-profits)
Parking Systems: Posting No Parking signs: $50 per block + time, hooding meters for reserved parking: $7.50 each + personnel time
Use of City land, buildings, parks, beaches, streets, and sidewalks: $25/hour
Police personnel: $38/hour
Other departments bill separately for services they provide, and the rates depend on the availability of personnel and service provided. Other departments that may be involved include the Police Department (traffic control, supervision), Fire Department (supervision), and Water Department (hydrant, water for wet-downs).
CONTACT: Tom Twigg
APPLICATION: Film / Movie / Photo shoot Permit (.pdf)
NOTE: See the above link for Media Production Guidelines.
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Evanston Day of Caring
City Council Budget Workshop & Budget Hearing
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market's FALL FEST
Fountain Square Visioning
- Evanston Residents Can Now Connect with the City of Evanston through Nextdoor.com
- Evanston Innovators and Small Businesses to Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week November 17-23
- New "Evanston Rec" App to Bring Parks and Recreation Events to Mobile Users
- City of Evanston Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department Hosts Producemobile at Robert Crown Center, Serving 250 Community Members in Need
- Enjoy Special Halloween and Harvest Events around Fountain Square Plaza Oct. 25-27