- Bids & Proposals
- Building & Inspection Services
- Business Complaints
- Business Districts
- Business Diversity
- Business Licenses
- Economic Development
- Housing & Grants
- TIF Districts
- Medical Cannabis
- New Businesses
- M/W/EBE's Local Employment Program
- Permits & Licenses
- Planning & Zoning
- Vendor Registration
- 2222 Oakton St. RFQ
Hen Coop License
Required by any person desiring to keep hens on their property in the City of Evanston.
TERM: Calendar Year.
FEE: $50 per application.
RENEWABLE: Yes. Applicant to submit application, documentation and fee to the Health Department. Inspection(s) may be required.
TRANSFERABLE: No, coop licenses do not run with the land.
CONTACT: Ellyn Golden, Environmental Health License Coordinator, (847) 866-2947 or mailto:email@example.com
APPLICATION: Hen Coop License Application (printable version)
Hen Coop License Renewal Application (printable version)
APPLY ONLINE: New or Renewal
To be submitted with a new application: Public Notice of Intent to Construct a Hen Coop
IMPORTANT: Registration of the premises with the Illinois Department of Agriculture is required.
- Title 1 Chapter 3 Section 2 Definitions, General
- Title 5 Chapter 1 Property Maintenance Code
- Title 6 Chapter 4 Section 6-2 General Provisions for Accessory Uses and Structures
- Title 6 Chapter 18 Section 3 Definitions
- Title 8 Chapter 4 Section 1 Enumeration of Particular Nuisances
- Title 9 Chapter 4 Section 5 Certain Animals Prohibited
State of Illinois Department of Agriculture
Police Pension Fund
Emergency Telephone System Board
Evanston Symphony Orchestra Musical Insights
Little Red Hen... Part II
- Additional Street Cleaning Dates Planned for Portion of South Evanston
- Attend Evanston Commission on Aging Events November 13 and 17
- 2017 Evanston Vehicle Registration Begins November 1
- City of Evanston Contracting for Additional Towing for 2016-17 Winter Season
- Watch Chicago Cubs World Series Games at Evanston Community Centers