Hen Coop License
Required by any person desiring to keep hens on their property in the City of Evanston.
NOTE: A maximum of 20 licenses can be active through December 31 of a calendar year.
TERM: Calendar Year.
FEE: $50 per application.
RENEWABLE: Yes. Applicant to submit application, documentation and fee to the Health Department. Inspection(s) may be required.
TRANSFERABLE: No, coop licenses do not run with the land.
CONTACT: Ellyn Golden, Environmental Health License Coordinator, (847) 866-2947 or mailto:email@example.com
APPLICATION: Hen Coop License Application
IMPORTANT: Registration of the premises with the Illinois Department of Agriculture is required.
- Title 1 Chapter 3 Section 2 Definitions, General
- Title 5 Chapter 1 Property Maintenance Code
- Title 6 Chapter 4 Section 6-2 General Provisions for Accessory Uses and Structures
- Title 6 Chapter 18 Section 3 Definitions
- Title 8 Chapter 4 Section 1 Enumeration of Particular Nuisances
- Title 9 Chapter 4 Section 5 Certain Animals Prohibited
State of Illinois Department of Agriculture
Lighthouse Landing Complex
Site Plan Appearance and Review Committee
M/W/EBE Advisory Committee
Zoning Committee of the Plan Commission - CANCELED
- Rep. Gabel & Senator Biss Town Hall Meeting June 26
- City-sponsored Summer Photo Contest Set for July 4 & August 10
- Adult Mosquito Control Operations in Northwest Evanston Set for June 19
- Laboratory Confirmed Mumps Case in Chicago Area University Student
- Recycling Fair & Equipment Display July 13