- Bids & Proposals
- Building & Inspection Services
- Business Complaints
- Business Districts
- Business Diversity
- Business Licenses
- Economic Development
- Housing & Grants
- TIF Districts
- Medical Cannabis
- New Businesses
- M/W/EBE's Local Employment Program
- Permits & Licenses
- Planning & Zoning
- Vendor Registration
- 2222 Oakton St. RFQ
Hen Coop License
Required by any person desiring to keep hens on their property in the City of Evanston.
TERM: Calendar Year.
FEE: $50 per application.
RENEWABLE: Yes. Applicant to submit application, documentation and fee to the Health Department. Inspection(s) may be required.
TRANSFERABLE: No, coop licenses do not run with the land.
CONTACT: Ellyn Golden, Environmental Health License Coordinator, (847) 866-2947 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION: Hen Coop License Application (printable version)
Hen Coop License Renewal Application (printable version)
APPLY ONLINE: New or Renewal
To be submitted with a new application: Public Notice of Intent to Construct a Hen Coop
IMPORTANT: Registration of the premises with the Illinois Department of Agriculture is required.
- Title 1 Chapter 3 Section 2 Definitions, General
- Title 5 Chapter 1 Property Maintenance Code
- Title 6 Chapter 4 Section 6-2 General Provisions for Accessory Uses and Structures
- Title 6 Chapter 18 Section 3 Definitions
- Title 8 Chapter 4 Section 1 Enumeration of Particular Nuisances
- Title 9 Chapter 4 Section 5 Certain Animals Prohibited
State of Illinois Department of Agriculture
EPL Holiday Book Sale
Evanston Symphony Holiday Concert
Liquor Control Review Board
Girl on Fire
Human Services Committee
- "The Nutcracker on Ice" Celebrates the Holiday Season Dec. 16-18
- Apply to Evanston's Cultural Fund Grant Program by January 31
- Evanston Police Conduct Internal Investigation into Arrest
- Open House Public Meeting on Chicago Avenue Corridor Improvement Project December 15
- Newsy Items on Monday City Council Agenda