Hen Coop License
Required by any person desiring to keep hens on their property in the City of Evanston.
TERM: Calendar Year.
FEE: $50 per application.
RENEWABLE: Yes. Applicant to submit application, documentation and fee to the Health Department. Inspection(s) may be required.
TRANSFERABLE: No, coop licenses do not run with the land.
CONTACT: Ellyn Golden, Environmental Health License Coordinator, (847) 866-2947 or mailto:email@example.com
APPLY ONLINE: New or Renewal
To be submitted with a new application: Public Notice of Intent to Construct a Hen Coop
IMPORTANT: Registration of the premises with the Illinois Department of Agriculture is required.
- Title 1 Chapter 3 Section 2 Definitions, General
- Title 5 Chapter 1 Property Maintenance Code
- Title 6 Chapter 4 Section 6-2 General Provisions for Accessory Uses and Structures
- Title 6 Chapter 18 Section 3 Definitions
- Title 8 Chapter 4 Section 1 Enumeration of Particular Nuisances
- Title 9 Chapter 4 Section 5 Certain Animals Prohibited
State of Illinois Department of Agriculture
Let's Talk @ Lunch
5th Ward Meeting
Park and Recreation Board
Housing and Homelessness Commission
Fran Randall Memorial Concert
- Evanston Designated as EPA "Green Power Community"
- Winners of the 9th Annual Paint Evanston Plows Contest Announced
- ComEd to Complete Service Improvement Work at Mulford St. and Chicago Ave. Nov. 19-26
- Evanston Children's Theatre to Stage "The Hobbit" Nov. 21-23
- Evanston Yard Waste Collection Ends Week of December 1-4