Hen Coop License
Required by any person desiring to keep hens on their property in the City of Evanston.
TERM: Calendar Year.
FEE: $50 per application.
RENEWABLE: Yes. Applicant to submit application, documentation and fee to the Health Department. Inspection(s) may be required.
TRANSFERABLE: No, coop licenses do not run with the land.
CONTACT: Ellyn Golden, Environmental Health License Coordinator, (847) 866-2947 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY ONLINE: New or Renewal
To be submitted with a new application: Public Notice of Intent to Construct a Hen Coop
IMPORTANT: Registration of the premises with the Illinois Department of Agriculture is required.
- Title 1 Chapter 3 Section 2 Definitions, General
- Title 5 Chapter 1 Property Maintenance Code
- Title 6 Chapter 4 Section 6-2 General Provisions for Accessory Uses and Structures
- Title 6 Chapter 18 Section 3 Definitions
- Title 8 Chapter 4 Section 1 Enumeration of Particular Nuisances
- Title 9 Chapter 4 Section 5 Certain Animals Prohibited
State of Illinois Department of Agriculture
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Northwestern Football vs. Western IL
Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
Chicago South Asian Film Festival Screenings at EPL
North Shore Century
- This Year's First Confirmed Human Case of West Nile Virus Reported in Evanston
- Some Evanston Residents Participating in Electricity Aggregation Program May Not See Supply Charges on September ComEd Bills
- Evanston Named Fifth in "America's Best Cities to Live In"
- City to Host Community Meeting for Latino Residents Oct. 5
- Levy Senior Center Unveils New Video in Honor of National Senior Center Month