Hen Coop License
Required by any person desiring to keep hens on their property in the City of Evanston.
TERM: Calendar Year.
FEE: $50 per application.
RENEWABLE: Yes. Applicant to submit application, documentation and fee to the Health Department. Inspection(s) may be required.
TRANSFERABLE: No, coop licenses do not run with the land.
CONTACT: Ellyn Golden, Environmental Health License Coordinator, (847) 866-2947 or mailto:email@example.com
APPLY ONLINE: New or Renewal
To be submitted with a new application: Public Notice of Intent to Construct a Hen Coop
IMPORTANT: Registration of the premises with the Illinois Department of Agriculture is required.
- Title 1 Chapter 3 Section 2 Definitions, General
- Title 5 Chapter 1 Property Maintenance Code
- Title 6 Chapter 4 Section 6-2 General Provisions for Accessory Uses and Structures
- Title 6 Chapter 18 Section 3 Definitions
- Title 8 Chapter 4 Section 1 Enumeration of Particular Nuisances
- Title 9 Chapter 4 Section 5 Certain Animals Prohibited
State of Illinois Department of Agriculture
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Evanston Day of Caring
City Council Budget Workshop & Budget Hearing
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market's FALL FEST
Fountain Square Visioning
- Evanston Residents Can Now Connect with the City of Evanston through Nextdoor.com
- Evanston Innovators and Small Businesses to Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week November 17-23
- New "Evanston Rec" App to Bring Parks and Recreation Events to Mobile Users
- City of Evanston Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department Hosts Producemobile at Robert Crown Center, Serving 250 Community Members in Need
- Enjoy Special Halloween and Harvest Events around Fountain Square Plaza Oct. 25-27