Hen Coop License
Required by any person desiring to keep hens on their property in the City of Evanston.
TERM: Calendar Year.
FEE: $50 per application.
RENEWABLE: Yes. Applicant to submit application, documentation and fee to the Health Department. Inspection(s) may be required.
TRANSFERABLE: No, coop licenses do not run with the land.
CONTACT: Ellyn Golden, Environmental Health License Coordinator, (847) 866-2947 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY ONLINE: New or Renewal
To be submitted with a new application: Public Notice of Intent to Construct a Hen Coop
IMPORTANT: Registration of the premises with the Illinois Department of Agriculture is required.
- Title 1 Chapter 3 Section 2 Definitions, General
- Title 5 Chapter 1 Property Maintenance Code
- Title 6 Chapter 4 Section 6-2 General Provisions for Accessory Uses and Structures
- Title 6 Chapter 18 Section 3 Definitions
- Title 8 Chapter 4 Section 1 Enumeration of Particular Nuisances
- Title 9 Chapter 4 Section 5 Certain Animals Prohibited
State of Illinois Department of Agriculture
Twitter Town Hall Meeting
Commission on Aging
We Love Evanston Day
City of Evanston's Annual Firewood Sale Ends
- Change Your Clock and Smoke Detector Batteries March 8, Spring is on its Way
- Thought-Provoking Adaptation Surrounding Youth and Violence in Our Community March 14, "THE RIPPLE EFFECT"
- ComEd Vegetation Trimming Adjacent to Railroads Set for March
- Open House Public Meeting on Central St./Green Bay Rd. Improvements March 12
- Downtown Evanston Named One of America's Top 10 Downtowns