Hen Coop License
Required by any person desiring to keep hens on their property in the City of Evanston.
TERM: Calendar Year.
FEE: $50 per application.
RENEWABLE: Yes. Applicant to submit application, documentation and fee to the Health Department. Inspection(s) may be required.
TRANSFERABLE: No, coop licenses do not run with the land.
CONTACT: Ellyn Golden, Environmental Health License Coordinator, (847) 866-2947 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY ONLINE: New or Renewal
To be submitted with a new application: Public Notice of Intent to Construct a Hen Coop
IMPORTANT: Registration of the premises with the Illinois Department of Agriculture is required.
- Title 1 Chapter 3 Section 2 Definitions, General
- Title 5 Chapter 1 Property Maintenance Code
- Title 6 Chapter 4 Section 6-2 General Provisions for Accessory Uses and Structures
- Title 6 Chapter 18 Section 3 Definitions
- Title 8 Chapter 4 Section 1 Enumeration of Particular Nuisances
- Title 9 Chapter 4 Section 5 Certain Animals Prohibited
State of Illinois Department of Agriculture
"Anthology by Karl Johnson" Opening Artist Reception
Arts Council's Community Relations Committee
Commission on Aging
National Manufacturing Day
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
- Evanston Bulk Trash Pick-ups Begin this Friday
- Capture the Beauty of Evanston's Urban Forest in the First-ever "I Heart Evanston Trees" Art Contest
- President Obama 12th U.S. President to Visit Evanston
- Evanston Health Department Advises Residents About Low Risk of Ebola
- Illinois Department of Public Health Reassures Illinoisans After First Ebola Case Confirmed in the U.S.