- Bids & Proposals
- Building & Inspection Services
- Business Complaints
- Business Districts
- Business Diversity
- Business Licenses
- Economic Development
- Housing & Grants
- TIF Districts
- Medical Cannabis
- New Businesses
- M/W/EBE's Local Employment Program
- Permits & Licenses
- Planning & Zoning
- Vendor Registration
- 1714-20 Chicago Ave.
- 2222 Oakton St. RFQ
Child Home Day Care Permit
Required by any person who regularly provides day care in the family home for any number of children who are not the family's natural, foster or adopted children.
VERY IMPORTANT: If you care for more than 3 children under the age of 12 (the number "3" includes your own natural or adopted children under the age of 12), you must apply for and receive a license from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) before the Evanston permit can be issued. If any time the DCFS license expires or is revoked or suspended, the Evanston permit becomes invalid and you must cease operating as a home day care until both licenses are brought into good standing.
TERM: 2 years from date issued.
FEE: Criminal background check. $15 per person.
RENEWABLE: Yes. The applicant must submit a new application and complete the entire review process before the current permit expires.
TRANSFERABLE: No. Once the location or permit holder changes, the current permit becomes invalid.
CONTACT: Ellyn Golden (847) 866-2947 or email@example.com.
NOTE: In order to receive a Home Day Care permit, applicants must
- obtain a license from DCFS
- complete general information, medical and criminal background forms;
- pass property inspections conducted by the Health Department, Fire Department & Property Standards Division; and
clear the Police Department's investigation of the number of calls, if any, made to that address.
State of Illinois
- DCFS Day Care Information Hotline: (877) 746-0829
"Justice in Healthcare" event honoring MLK
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
City Council - CANCELED
Preservation Commission - RESCHEDULED
District 65 Community Café
- Evanston Fire Explorers Open House Set for January 24
- City of Evanston Launches Improved Summer Camp Registration Process
- Interfaith Action to Open Overnight Homeless Shelter January 12
- Penny Park Renovation Project Update
- City Announces 2017 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Service and Facility Schedules