Northwestern Bonfire Ring Permit
This bonfire ring is for the use of the Northwestern University students and faculty only.
TERM: One day, bonfire must end by 11PM.
CONTACT: Students wishing to use the bonfire area at Northwestern must first schedule the date and time of the bonfire with their Office of Special Events, located at the Norris University Center.
After the date and time are approved by the Office of Special Events, the student will receive a two-page e-mail form with an approval code number. The student will then forward the two page e-mail form to FireServices@cityofevanston.org at the Evanston Fire Department Headquarters for a bonfire permit.
The student must then fill out the permit application online. You will receive notification when the permit is ready. The permit must be picked up in person at the Evanston Fire & Life Safety Services Headquarters at 909 Lake Street. You must acknowledge that you have read and understand the rules and regulations.
APPLICATION: View the rules and apply for permit.
NOTE: Fire permits are not required for grilling food on a gas, electric, or charcoal grill. The application must include some form of identification, either Driver's License or Social Security Number. Allow at least two weeks for processing. A copy of the permit must remain on-site throughout the event.
909 Lake St. Evanston, IL 60201
Weekdays: 8:30am - 5pm
Fire Chief: Greg Klaiber
We Love Evanston Day
City of Evanston's Annual Firewood Sale Ends
Indoor Farmer & Artisan Food Market
- Change Your Clock and Smoke Detector Batteries March 8, Spring is on its Way
- Thought-Provoking Adaptation Surrounding Youth and Violence in Our Community March 14, "THE RIPPLE EFFECT"
- ComEd Vegetation Trimming Adjacent to Railroads Set for March
- Open House Public Meeting on Central St./Green Bay Rd. Improvements March 12
- Downtown Evanston Named One of America's Top 10 Downtowns