Northwestern Bonfire Ring Permit
This bonfire ring is for the use of the Northwestern University students and faculty only.
TERM: One day, bonfire must end by 11PM.
CONTACT: Students wishing to use the bonfire area at Northwestern must first schedule the date and time of the bonfire with their Office of Special Events, located at the Norris University Center.
After the date and time are approved by the Office of Special Events, the student will receive a two-page e-mail form with an approval code number. The student will then forward the two page e-mail form to FireServices@cityofevanston.org at the Evanston Fire Department Headquarters for a bonfire permit.
The student must then fill out the permit application online. You will receive notification when the permit is ready. The permit must be picked up in person at the Evanston Fire & Life Safety Services Headquarters at 909 Lake Street. You must acknowledge that you have read and understand the rules and regulations.
APPLICATION: View the rules and apply for permit.
NOTE: Fire permits are not required for grilling food on a gas, electric, or charcoal grill. The application must include some form of identification, either Driver's License or Social Security Number. Allow at least two weeks for processing. A copy of the permit must remain on-site throughout the event.
909 Lake St. Evanston, IL 60201
Weekdays: 8:30am - 5pm
Fire Chief: Greg Klaiber
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Fall Flea Market
Robert Crown's 40th Annual Fall Flea Market
Board of Animal Control
- Some Evanston Wheel Tax Renewal Forms Will Be Resent to Correct Processing Error
- Residents Reminded to Change Clocks and Batteries in Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors as Daylight Saving Time Ends Nov. 2
- Evanston Raises Age to Purchase and Sell Tobacco from 18 to 21
- Evanston Police Department Provides 2014 Halloween Safety Tips
- Local Volunteers Make Evanston Day of Caring Event a Great Success