The Arts are Growing in Evanston!
Some of Evanston's best artists are at the Farmers' Market
Homegrown Artists are displaying and selling their artwork every Saturday at the Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market.
To apply to be a Homegrown Artist vendor at the Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market, submit this application.
Homegrown Artists is a showcase for Evanston artists and their work at the busy and thriving downtown Farmers' Market. In order to avoid competition with the existing art fairs, participation is limited to Evanston residents, employees of Evanston businesses and participants at Evanston studios and galleries. The artists sell their own work.
If you have questions, the Farmers' Market coordinator, Myra Gorman, may be reached by phone at 847-448-8045 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
In 2005, a survey funded by the Illinois Arts Council and the Evanston Community Foundation determined that Evanston has ten times the national average of artists living and working here. Ten times! In addition, seventy-five percent of them support themselves with their art and in the year of the survey, artists generated $25 million in the Evanston economy.
In 2008, the City Council approved legislation to make Homegrown Artists a permanent part of the Farmers' Market.
Rules Committee - CANCELLED
Human Services Committee - CANCELLED
Let's Talk @ Lunch Program
Zoning Board of Appeals - CANCELLED
- City of Evanston's "Let's Roll Together" Campaign to Promote Road Safety July 20-22
- "I Heart Evanston Trees" Launches $10,000 Fundraising Campaign for 2015
- City of Evanston to Host 5th Annual Recycling Fair July 11
- Evanston Community Members Encouraged to Participate in Bike to Work Week June 12-19
- City Launches "Think Outside the Bag" Campaign to Support Transition Away from Disposable Plastic Shopping Bags