The Arts are Growing in Evanston!
Some of Evanston's best artists are at the Farmers' Market
Homegrown Artists are displaying and selling their artwork every Saturday at the Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market.
To apply to be a Homegrown Artist vendor at the Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market, submit this application.
Homegrown Artists is a showcase for Evanston artists and their work at the busy and thriving downtown Farmers' Market. In order to avoid competition with the existing art fairs, participation is limited to Evanston residents, employees of Evanston businesses and participants at Evanston studios and galleries. The artists sell their own work.
If you have questions, the Farmers' Market coordinator, Myra Gorman, may be reached by phone at 847-448-8045 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2005, a survey funded by the Illinois Arts Council and the Evanston Community Foundation determined that Evanston has ten times the national average of artists living and working here. Ten times! In addition, seventy-five percent of them support themselves with their art and in the year of the survey, artists generated $25 million in the Evanston economy.
In 2008, the City Council approved legislation to make Homegrown Artists a permanent part of the Farmers' Market.
Preservation Commission Symposium
Memorial Day Ceremony
Age Friendly Evanston! Taskforce Meeting
Administration & Public Works Committee Meeting
Human Relations Commission
- Over 200 Volunteers Participate in 2nd Annual "Clean Up, Evanston!" Event April 25
- Tickets Still Available for Evanston Green Ball May 29
- Livable Landscapes Program to Assist Community Members with Eco-friendly Planting, Storm Water Management
- Evanston's Divvy Bike Program Funding Confirmed; Installation Now Set for Spring 2016
- Evanston Designated as a Gold Level Walk Friendly Community