The Arts are Growing in Evanston!
Some of Evanston's best artists are at the Farmers' Market
Homegrown Artists are displaying and selling their artwork every Saturday at the Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market.
To apply to be a Homegrown Artist vendor at the Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market, submit this application.
Homegrown Artists is a showcase for Evanston artists and their work at the busy and thriving downtown Farmers' Market. In order to avoid competition with the existing art fairs, participation is limited to Evanston residents, employees of Evanston businesses and participants at Evanston studios and galleries. The artists sell their own work.
If you have questions, the Farmers' Market coordinator, Myra Gorman, may be reached by phone at 847-448-8045 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
In 2005, a survey funded by the Illinois Arts Council and the Evanston Community Foundation determined that Evanston has ten times the national average of artists living and working here. Ten times! In addition, seventy-five percent of them support themselves with their art and in the year of the survey, artists generated $25 million in the Evanston economy.
In 2008, the City Council approved legislation to make Homegrown Artists a permanent part of the Farmers' Market.
Man Up! Health Initiative
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Fountain Square Art Festival
Northwestern University Community Picnic
- Divvy Bike Share Rolls Into Evanston Next Week
- City to Host 6th Annual "Evanston Recycles" Event July 9
- Community Members Invited to Provide Comment on Draft Energy and Water Benchmarking Ordinance
- Mayor Tisdahl Joins Global Leaders in Pledge to Combat Climate Change, Promote Low-Carbon Development
- City Acts Responsibly When Corporate Polluters Refuse to Cooperate