The Arts are Growing in Evanston!
Some of Evanston's best artists are at the Farmers' Market
Homegrown Artists are displaying and selling their artwork every Saturday at the Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market.
To apply to be a Homegrown Artist vendor at the Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market, submit this application.
Homegrown Artists is a showcase for Evanston artists and their work at the busy and thriving downtown Farmers' Market. In order to avoid competition with the existing art fairs, participation is limited to Evanston residents, employees of Evanston businesses and participants at Evanston studios and galleries. The artists sell their own work.
If you have questions, the Farmers' Market coordinator, Myra Gorman, may be reached by phone at 847-448-8045 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
In 2005, a survey funded by the Illinois Arts Council and the Evanston Community Foundation determined that Evanston has ten times the national average of artists living and working here. Ten times! In addition, seventy-five percent of them support themselves with their art and in the year of the survey, artists generated $25 million in the Evanston economy.
In 2008, the City Council approved legislation to make Homegrown Artists a permanent part of the Farmers' Market.
Secretary of State "Super Senior Day"
Police Pension Fund Quarterly
Emergency Telephone System Board - RESCHEDULED
Bulk Trash Pick-up for Tuesday Trash Route
Housing and Homelessness Commission - RESCHEDULED
- City of Evanston Shines a Spotlight on Bicycle Safety at "Pedal Bright" Bike Light Giveaway and Installation Event October 30
- 40th Annual Fall Flea Market at the Robert Crown Center November 1
- City Warns of Potentially Misleading Marketing from Alternative Electricity Suppliers
- Celebrate International Walk to School Day October 8
- Capture the Beauty of Evanston's Urban Forest in the First-ever "I Heart Evanston Trees" Art Contest