The Arts are Growing in Evanston!
Some of Evanston's best artists are at the Farmers' Market
Homegrown Artists are displaying and selling their artwork every Saturday at the Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market.
To apply to be a Homegrown Artist vendor at the Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market, submit this application.
Homegrown Artists is a showcase for Evanston artists and their work at the busy and thriving downtown Farmers' Market. In order to avoid competition with the existing art fairs, participation is limited to Evanston residents, employees of Evanston businesses and participants at Evanston studios and galleries. The artists sell their own work.
If you have questions, the Farmers' Market coordinator, Myra Gorman, may be reached by phone at 847-448-8045 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
In 2005, a survey funded by the Illinois Arts Council and the Evanston Community Foundation determined that Evanston has ten times the national average of artists living and working here. Ten times! In addition, seventy-five percent of them support themselves with their art and in the year of the survey, artists generated $25 million in the Evanston economy.
In 2008, the City Council approved legislation to make Homegrown Artists a permanent part of the Farmers' Market.
Flying Turkey 5K
Small Business Saturday
- Holiday Light Recycling Program Begins Dec. 1
- City Announces Winners of 2015 "I Heart Evanston Trees" Art Contest, Greeting Cards and Postcards Now Available to Order
- Community Stakeholders Invited to Participate in Building Utility Benchmarking Meeting October 22
- "Pedal Bright" Bike Light Giveaway and Installation Event Returns October 1
- Farmers' Market Harvest Celebration Brings Together Chefs and Farmers on Sept. 19