The City of Evanston is home to the Northwestern Wildcats. The Wildcats are Division 1 and play in the Big Ten Conference. All Northwestern football home games are played at Ryan Field and the basketball games are played at Welsh-Ryan Arena. Along with football and basketball, the Wildcats boast many very successful teams, including tennis, lacrosse, volleyball, golf and baseball teams. Northwestern athletic facilities include a state-of-the-art indoor tennis center, four gyms and an indoor swimming pool.
Getting to Ryan Field/Welsh-Ryan Arena:
- Follow Sheridan Road north from downtown Evanston
- Turn left at Central Street
- Follow Central Street west for about 6 blocks
- Ryan Field is on the right
- Welsh-Ryan Arena is one block north on Ashland Avenue
Plan Commission Comprehensive Plan Subcommittee
Arts Council's Arts & Business Committee
Site Plan Appearance and Review Committee - CANCELED
4th Ward Meeting
- Parts of Asbury Ave. to be Closed for Sewer Work May 28-June 14
- Water Shut-down for Fire Hydrant/Valve Repairs: 1600-1800 Blocks of Washington St.
- Evanston Gun Buyback Event Set for June 29
- Free "Discover You Can" Workshops Offered
- Temporary Traffic Control Plan on Dodge between Oakton & Greenleaf May 20-24