- Arts & Humanities Month
- CommUNITY Picnic
- Day In The Life
- Ethnic Arts Festival
- Green Living Festival
- Lakeshore Arts Festival
- Paint Evanston Purple
- Starlight Movies & Concerts
Local shutterbugs, professional and amateur photographers alike captured the beauty of Evanston during the fall session of "Day in the Life of Evanston: A Photo Story" which was held all day on October 22. With over 160 submitted photos the event was deemed a success.
All submitted photos are posted on the City of Evanston's website here. 32 photos will be selected, by a panel of judges, to be part of our “Day in the Life of Evanston” printed photo book which will be produced quarterly and made available for purchase. Photos will be judged on:
- Technical (in focus, good exposure, rich colors),
- Uniqueness to Evanston
The city hopes to continue capturing Evanston through the seasons by holding a quarterly “photo day.” A “photo day” for the winter season will be announced soon and we can't wait to see how photographers of all ages and expertise levels share their vision of Evanston as seen through the lens of their camera.
View the all the photos here.
The winners for Day in the Life of Evanston: A Photo Story have been selected. Winners and the selected pictures were presented at City Council on December 12, 2011. The winners are:
Soo Jin “Gina” Clark
Susan Taylor Gescheidle
Julie E. Kaufman
Christopher P. Nicholas
*Rules & Copyright
- The City of Evanston reserves the right to decline publishing any submitted photos for any reason.
- The photos must be taken by you and must be of something within the City of Evanston.
- All rights to the photos are shared between the City of Evanston and the originating photographer. Photographs may not be used by other individuals, organizations or businesses without the consent of the City or the originating photographer.
Upon photo submission, photographers:
Automatically permit the City to use the photos on the City’s web site and in the City photo book publication.
Automatically agree that they have obtained all permissions necessary from any identifiable people in the photos to publish the photos on the City’s web site and City photo book publication.
Need ideas of events to take pictures at? Here are some of the things we know are going on around town on October 22nd. Do you know of something that is goin on and is not listed here? Let us know! Email Adela at firstname.lastname@example.org
-Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Oak Ave & University Pl Evanston, IL at 7:30 AM
-West End Farmers' Market
Church St. at Dodge Ave., Evanston IL at 8:30 AM
-Bug-a-Boo Halloween Walk
Ecology Center, 2024 McCormick Blvd., Evanston IL at 4:00 PM
-Northwestern Men's Club Ice Hockey
Robert Crown Arena, 1701 Main St., Evanston, IL at 7:30 PM
-Northwestern University Homecoming Football Game
Ryan Field, Central St., Evanston, IL at 6:00 PM
-Dimensional Lines: Art + Dress
Evanston Art Center, 2603 Sheridan Road., Evanston, IL at 9:00 AM
-Art And Wine Night At Creative Coworking
Creative Coworking, 922 Davis St., Evanston, IL at 4:00 PM
-Never The Sinner
Josephine Louis Theater, 20 Arts Circle Drive, Evanston, IL at 8:00 PM
-THE TEMPEST Presented By DreamLogic Theatreworks
The Rotunda, 1603 Orrington Ave, Evanston, IL at 8:00 PM
Emergency Telephone System Board - CANCELED
Mental Health Board Funding Proposal Review
Housing and Homelessness Commission - RESCHEDULED
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Senior "Love Boat Cruise"
- Auditions Scheduled for Summer Productions
- Evanston Green Ball to Raise Funds for Ecology Center May 31
- "Skate Through the Day" Ice Show, May 17-19
- Tickets Available Now for Fleetwood-Jourdain Theatre's Summertime Season
- Shakespeare's "All's Well That Ends Well" April 28-29