- Halloween Festivities
- Black History Month
- CommUNITY Picnic
- Day In The Life
- Ethnic Arts Festival
- Kits and Cats
- Lakeshore Arts Festival
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Starlight Movies & Concerts
- Streets Alive! Festival
Lakeshore Arts Festival
August 6-7, 2016
Saturday & Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Dawes Park, Sheridan Rd. at Church St.
Since 1973, the City of Evanston has presented the annual Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival. The festival takes place the first weekend in August on Evanston's stunning, historic lakefront.
The festival showcases fine art by over 80 artists in 11 categories. While browsing and buying the artwork, you can listen to live jazz, blues, bluegrass/folk, rock, and Motown. Be sure to make a bid or two at the Silent Art Auction, and bring your children or grandchidren to the popular Children's Craft Tent. The festival hosts nine restaurateurs serving a variety of culinary delights. Admission is free.
For more information, please call 847-448-8264.
The Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival is presented by the City of Evanston’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department. This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency.
Interested in sponsorship opportunities for next year's festival? Performing Artist Applications are now open here until April 28, 2017 . Artist vendor applications will open January 9, 2017. For more information, email email@example.com or call 847-448-8264.
Liquor Control Review Board
Girl on Fire
Human Services Committee
Free Energy Benchmarking Workshop for Evanston Building Owners
Domestic Violence Panel Discussion
- "The Nutcracker on Ice" Celebrates the Holiday Season Dec. 16-18
- Apply to Evanston's Cultural Fund Grant Program by January 31
- Exhibit by Elise and Jack Lerman Opening Reception November 20
- "Overhead: Recent Sculptures" Exhibit to Open at the Noyes Gallery November 13
- City of Evanston Documentary Nominated for Chicago/Midwest Emmy Award