- Halloween Festivities
- Black History Month
- CommUNITY Picnic
- Day In The Life
- Ethnic Arts Festival
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- Kits and Cats
- Lakeshore Arts Festival
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Starlight Movies & Concerts
- Streets Alive! Festival
Lakeshore Arts Festival
August 6-7, 2016
Saturday & Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Dawes Park, Sheridan Rd. at Church St.
Since 1973, the City of Evanston has presented the annual Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival. The festival takes place the first weekend in August on Evanston's stunning, historic lakefront.
The festival showcases fine art by over 80 artists in 11 categories. While browsing and buying the artwork, you can listen to live jazz, blues, bluegrass/folk, rock, and Motown. Be sure to make a bid or two at the Silent Art Auction, and bring your children or grandchidren to the popular Children's Craft Tent. The festival hosts nine restaurateurs serving a variety of culinary delights. Admission is free.
For more information, please call 847-448-8264.
The Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival is presented by the City of Evanston’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department. This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency.
Interested in sponsorship opportunities for next year's festival? For more information, email email@example.com or call 847-448-4311.
Age Friendly Task Force Meeting
Starlight Concert Series: "Los Perros Cubanos"
Design and Project Review Committee
Transportation/Parking Committee Meeting
- "Single Black Female" Opens August 6 at Fleetwood-Jourdain Theatre
- Attend the 2016 Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival at Dawes Park August 6-7
- Harry Potter Book Release Activities Offered for "Wizards" and "Muggles" July 30
- Young Artists Sought to Exhibit at GOALed Gallery
- Starlight Movies in the Park Begin July 21 with "The Good Dinosaur" at Ryan Field