- Halloween Festivities
- Black History Month
- CommUNITY Picnic
- Day In The Life
- Ethnic Arts Festival
- Kits and Cats
- Lakeshore Arts Festival
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Starlight Movies & Concerts
- Streets Alive! Festival
Lakeshore Arts Festival
August 6-7, 2016
Saturday & Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Dawes Park, Sheridan Rd. at Church St.
Since 1973, the City of Evanston has presented the annual Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival. The festival takes place the first weekend in August on Evanston's stunning, historic lakefront.
The festival showcases fine art by over 80 artists in 11 categories. While browsing and buying the artwork, you can listen to live jazz, blues, bluegrass/folk, rock, and Motown. Be sure to make a bid or two at the Silent Art Auction, and bring your children or grandchidren to the popular Children's Craft Tent. The festival hosts nine restaurateurs serving a variety of culinary delights. Admission is free.
For more information, please call 847-448-8264.
The Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival is presented by the City of Evanston’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department. This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency.
Interested in sponsorship opportunities for next year's festival? Performing Artist Applications are now open here until April 28, 2017 . Artist vendor applications will open January 9, 2017. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-448-8264.
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
"The Big Draw Evanston"
Architectural Evanston Walking Tour
The Actors Gymnasium - Aerial Adventure
Noyes Open Studio
- Celebrate Día de los Muertos at the Levy Center October 30
- Free Public Art Workshop with Indira Freitas Johnson October 20
- "The 43" Exhibit to Open at the Noyes Gallery on October 21
- 2016 Mayor's Award for the Arts Nominees Announced
- Celebrate Evanston's Vibrant Arts Community at the 3rd Annual "A Bright Night for the Arts" October 6