- CPR Classes
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Fire Explorer Program
- Fire Prevention
- Request Files & Reports
- Statistics & Reports
- Support Your Fire Dept.
- Contact Us
The Fire Prevention Bureau's main objective is fire prevention and awareness through a proactive approach to fire and life safety.
This is accomplished through
- enforcement of Fire, Building, and the Life Safety Code
- investigating of fires for cause and origin
- fire and life safety inspections
- construction and certificate of occupancy inspections
- plan review of all new construction
- witnessing the testing of all fire and life safety systems such as fire alarms, emergency lighting, sprinklers, etc.
- public education and fire safety awareness programs.
The Fire Prevention Bureau is also responsible for the record keeping of fire reports and the monthly statistical report, State reporting, computer technology for the Fire Department, and responding to citizens inquires and concerns. We also provide public information during and after incidents.
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Senior "Love Boat Cruise"
Senior Spelling Bee
City of Evanston Schedules for the Memorial Day Holiday
Memorial Day Ceremony
- City of Evanston Schedules for the Memorial Day Holiday
- Tree Summit Announced to Save Evanston's Urban Forest
- CTA, Pace to Start Using Ventra Tranist Passes this Summer
- Evanston Public Library Falcon Banding & Naming Event May 30
- Recreation Huddle to Imagine Future of Recreation & Leisure