- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Resource Development
- Strategic Plan
HOUSING & HOMELESSNESS COMMISSION
PURPOSE: To provide for the planning, expansion, maintenance, conservation, and rehabilitation of Evanston's housing stock and to be responsive to needs for change in housing-related matters to the end of maintaining a diverse residential environment and to conserve property values within the community and to combat homelessness. (11-O-80) (6-O-83) (18-O-93) (11-O-10) (61-O-12).
# OF MEMBERS: Eleven (11)members.
QUALIFICATIONS: at least one (1 )member shall reside in a rental unit in Evanston, at least one (1 ) member shall be a landlord who owns at least 1 multi-family building in Evanston and resides in Evanston, and one member shall be an Alderman. Members must be residents of the City of Evanston.
TERM: 3 years, may serve a second term.
MEETING DATE: 4th Friday of each month, 7:00 a.m.
PLACE: Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center, Aldermanic Library 2nd floor
REPORTS TO: Planning and Development Committee
|Ald. Mark Tendam|
|Joanne Zolomij, Chair||4/30/2013|
|Kevin Kane, Vice Chair||4/28/2014|
Dennis Marino, Community & Economic Development Department
Assistant Director of Planning
Mary Ellen Poole
Housing Contact Info
Housing Planner: Mary Ellen Poole
Rm. 3304, 2100 Ridge, Evanston, IL 60201
Spring Ice Show: Skate Through the Day
"Fragments of Memory" and "Seed by Seed" Exhibition Reception
Ladd Arboretum Committee
- Evanston Police Are Looking For 80 Year Old Missing Person With Alzheimer's
- Evanston Residents Called to Contribute to Historic Cancer Research Effort
- Evanston Police and Fire Foundation to Hold Inaugural Golf Outing June 17
- Evanston Ordinance Banning Hand-held Cell Phones While Driving in Third Year
- Water Shut Down for Washington St. & Florence Ave. Area for Repair Work May 17