- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Human Relations Commission shall be to foster, encourage and stimulate the improvement of human relations among and between citizens of all races, colors, creeds, national origins, sexes, ages, familial status, marital status, religions, physical/mental disabilities, "sexual orientation" (as defined in Section 5-5-6 of this Code), and economic and educational levels so as to provide all individuals with an equal opportunity to grow, participate and share to the best of their ability in our economic, educational, political, social and judicial systems. (47-O-10) (61-0-97) (70-0-68) (38-0-71) (91-0-78) (47-R-80).
# OF MEMBERS: Nine (9) members appointed by the Mayor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Members must be committed to the purpose and principles that govern the Commission and must be able to implement the Commission's work plan. Members must be an Evanston resident.
TERM: Three (3) year terms. Members may serve no more than two (2) terms.
MEETING DATE: 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 P.M.
PLACE: Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center - Room 2402
REPORTS TO: Human Services Committee
Sign up for the Human Relations Commission Enews
Adjusted hours, Clark St. Beach
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Fourth of July Celebration
Clark St. Beach Closed
- Evanston and Chicago Police Departments Meet for Public Roll Call July 7
- FJT to Present Award-winning Play, "The Vagina Monologues," July 11-26
- Follow @COEBeach on Twitter for the Latest Evanston Beach Updates
- City of Evanston Announces 2015 Independence Day Holiday Weekend Schedule
- Celebrate Independence Day in Evanston with Parade, Fireworks and Activities