- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Human Relations Commission shall be to foster, encourage and stimulate the improvement of human relations among and between citizens of all races, colors, creeds, national origins, sexes, ages, familial status, marital status, religions, physical/mental disabilities, "sexual orientation" (as defined in Section 5-5-6 of this Code), and economic and educational levels so as to provide all individuals with an equal opportunity to grow, participate and share to the best of their ability in our economic, educational, political, social and judicial systems. (47-O-10) (61-0-97) (70-0-68) (38-0-71) (91-0-78) (47-R-80).
# OF MEMBERS: Nine (9) members appointed by the Mayor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Members must be committed to the purpose and principles that govern the Commission and must be able to implement the Commission's work plan. Members must be an Evanston resident.
TERM: Three (3) year terms. Members may serve no more than two (2) terms.
MEETING DATE: 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 P.M.
PLACE: Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center - Room 2402
REPORTS TO: Human Services Committee
Sign up for the Human Relations Commission Enews
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Why Not Me? A Sammy Davis Jr. Story
Romeo and Juliet
Taste of Armenia Festival
Evanston CommUNITY Picnic
- Evanston Community Members Encouraged to Provide Feedback on Bike Transportation Improvements at Upcoming Public Meetings
- Summer Playground Plus Campers Work to Keep Community Safe in 10-week Program
- U.S. Army Reserve Child, Youth & School Services Conduct Cleanup at James Park
- Adult Mosquito Control Operations Planned for Evanston West of Crawford Ave. August 25
- Evanston Launches Improved Service for Residents to Text the City