- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Human Relations Commission shall be to foster, encourage and stimulate the improvement of human relations among and between citizens of all races, colors, creeds, national origins, sexes, ages, familial status, marital status, religions, physical/mental disabilities, "sexual orientation" (as defined in Section 5-5-6 of this Code), and economic and educational levels so as to provide all individuals with an equal opportunity to grow, participate and share to the best of their ability in our economic, educational, political, social and judicial systems. (47-O-10) (61-0-97) (70-0-68) (38-0-71) (91-0-78) (47-R-80).
# OF MEMBERS: Nine (9) members appointed by the Mayor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Members must be committed to the purpose and principles that govern the Commission and must be able to implement the Commission's work plan. Members must be an Evanston resident.
TERM: Three (3) year terms. Members may serve no more than two (2) terms.
MEETING DATE: 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 P.M.
PLACE: Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center - Room 2402
REPORTS TO: Human Services Committee
Sign up for the Human Relations Commission Enews
"Nutcracker-themed" Public Skating Session
Age Friendly Evanston Community Meeting
Design and Project Review Committee - CANCELLED
Kwanzaa Celebration at Fountain Square
A Kwanzaa to Remember! (Formerly Merry Kwanzaa)
- Evanston Police Commander Parrott Promoted to Deputy Police Chief
- City Invites Comments on a Notice of Intent to Request Release of Funds
- Show Off Your Ugly Holiday Sweater for a Chance to Win Local Theatre/Arts Show Tickets
- "Evanston Rec" App Users Get First Look Inside the 2015 Summer Camp Guide
- Evanston Divvy Bike Share Partnership and Sponsorship Opportunities Announced