- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
- Township Documents
HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Human Relations Commission shall be to foster, encourage and stimulate the improvement of human relations among and between citizens of all races, colors, creeds, national origins, sexes, ages, familial status, marital status, religions, physical/mental disabilities, "sexual orientation" (as defined in Section 5-5-6 of this Code), and economic and educational levels so as to provide all individuals with an equal opportunity to grow, participate and share to the best of their ability in our economic, educational, political, social and judicial systems. (47-O-10) (61-0-97) (70-0-68) (38-0-71) (91-0-78) (47-R-80).
# OF MEMBERS: Nine (9) members appointed by the Mayor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Members must be committed to the purpose and principles that govern the Commission and must be able to implement the Commission's work plan. Members must be an Evanston resident.
TERM: Three (3) year terms. Members may serve no more than two (2) terms.
MEETING DATE: 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 P.M.
PLACE: Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center - Room 2402
REPORTS TO: Human Services Committee
Sign up for the Human Relations Commission Enews
Bike the Ridge
Rotary Club of Evanston Peace Festival
Administration and Public Works Committee Meeting
Planning & Development Committee
- First Human Case of West Nile Virus Reported in Evanston for 2016
- U.S. House Votes to Rename Evanston Post Office in Honor of Abner J. Mikva
- Reminder: Fall 2016 Bulk Trash Pick-ups Take Place Fridays, October 7-28
- Open Houses Set for October 4 & 5 to Discuss CTA and Pace North Shore Coordination Plan
- Celebrate the Adoption of the Age-Friendly Evanston Action Plan September 29