- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Human Relations Commission shall be to foster, encourage and stimulate the improvement of human relations among and between citizens of all races, colors, creeds, national origins, sexes, ages, familial status, marital status, religions, physical/mental disabilities, "sexual orientation" (as defined in Section 5-5-6 of this Code), and economic and educational levels so as to provide all individuals with an equal opportunity to grow, participate and share to the best of their ability in our economic, educational, political, social and judicial systems. (47-O-10) (61-0-97) (70-0-68) (38-0-71) (91-0-78) (47-R-80).
# OF MEMBERS: Nine (9) members appointed by the Mayor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Members must be committed to the purpose and principles that govern the Commission and must be able to implement the Commission's work plan. Members must be an Evanston resident.
TERM: Three (3) year terms. Members may serve no more than two (2) terms.
MEETING DATE: 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 P.M.
PLACE: Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center - Room 2402
REPORTS TO: Human Services Committee
Sign up for the Human Relations Commission Enews
2nd Ward Meeting
Mental Health Board
Sign Review and Appeals
- City Releases 2015 Fourth Quarter Economic Report
- Former Negro League Player Ray Knox Receives Key to the City
- GOALed Gallery Calls for Young Artists
- Memorial Service to Be Held February 13 for Former Alderman Jean Esch
- Evanston to Host Youth Art, High School Instagram Contests in Celebration of National Drinking Water Week