- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Human Relations Commission shall be to foster, encourage and stimulate the improvement of human relations among and between citizens of all races, colors, creeds, national origins, sexes, ages, familial status, marital status, religions, physical/mental disabilities, "sexual orientation" (as defined in Section 5-5-6 of this Code), and economic and educational levels so as to provide all individuals with an equal opportunity to grow, participate and share to the best of their ability in our economic, educational, political, social and judicial systems. (47-O-10) (61-0-97) (70-0-68) (38-0-71) (91-0-78) (47-R-80).
# OF MEMBERS: Nine (9) members appointed by the Mayor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Members must be committed to the purpose and principles that govern the Commission and must be able to implement the Commission's work plan. Members must be an Evanston resident.
TERM: Three (3) year terms. Members may serve no more than two (2) terms.
MEETING DATE: 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 P.M.
PLACE: Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center - Room 2402
REPORTS TO: Human Services Committee
Sign up for the Human Relations Commission Enews
Site Plan Appearance and Review Committee - CANCELLED
Baker Park Renovations Neighborhood Meeting
"Anthology by Karl Johnson" Opening Artist Reception
Arts Council's Community Relations Committee
Commission on Aging
- Evanston Health Department Advises Residents About Low Risk of Ebola
- Illinois Department of Public Health Reassures Illinoisans After First Ebola Case Confirmed in the U.S.
- President Obama to Visit Evanston October 2
- Evanston Mayor Tisdahl to Present Award for the Arts at "Bright Night for the Arts" October 9
- City Repairing Green Bay Road Drainage Structures through October 10