- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Human Relations Commission shall be to foster, encourage and stimulate the improvement of human relations among and between citizens of all races, colors, creeds, national origins, sexes, ages, familial status, marital status, religions, physical/mental disabilities, "sexual orientation" (as defined in Section 5-5-6 of this Code), and economic and educational levels so as to provide all individuals with an equal opportunity to grow, participate and share to the best of their ability in our economic, educational, political, social and judicial systems. (47-O-10) (61-0-97) (70-0-68) (38-0-71) (91-0-78) (47-R-80).
# OF MEMBERS: Nine (9) members appointed by the Mayor.
QUALIFICATIONS: Members must be committed to the purpose and principles that govern the Commission and must be able to implement the Commission's work plan. Members must be an Evanston resident.
TERM: Three (3) year terms. Members may serve no more than two (2) terms.
MEETING DATE: 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 P.M.
PLACE: Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center - Room 2402
REPORTS TO: Human Services Committee
Sign up for the Human Relations Commission Enews
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Fall Flea Market
Robert Crown's 40th Annual Fall Flea Market
Board of Animal Control
- Some Evanston Wheel Tax Renewal Forms Will Be Resent to Correct Processing Error
- Residents Reminded to Change Clocks and Batteries in Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors as Daylight Saving Time Ends Nov. 2
- Evanston Raises Age to Purchase and Sell Tobacco from 18 to 21
- Evanston Police Department Provides 2014 Halloween Safety Tips
- Local Volunteers Make Evanston Day of Caring Event a Great Success