- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Resource Development
- Strategic Plan
Freedom of Information Act
The following procedures are implemented by the City of Evanston pursuant to the amendments to the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), effective January 1, 2010.
All requests for public records shall be submitted to the Evanston City Clerk. Requests may be mailed to the City Clerk, 2100 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60201, submitted in person (room 1200) during regular business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, by emailing both email@example.com, AND firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to the City Clerk at (847) 448-8131.
Pursuant to the Act, Rodney Greene and Elaine Autwell are the designated FOIA Officers for the City of Evanston.
All requests for non-exempt information must be responded to within five(5) working days after the receipt of the written request, unless additional time is required, as allowed by the Act. The requestor must be notified by mail, email or phone in five (5) days if an extension is required. Requests for a commercial purpose will be responded to within twenty-one (21) working days. You must disclose whether your request is for a commercial purpose. It is a violation of the Freedom of Information Act for a person to knowingly obtain a public record for a commercial purpose without disclosing that it is for a commercial purpose, if requested to do so by the public body. 5 ILCS 140.3.1(c)).
Appeals for denials will no longer be handled by the City Manager's Office as of January 01, 2010. All appeals must be submitted to the PAC Officer within 60 calendar days after the denial of the FOIA request. Address your request to Cara Smith, Public Access Counselor, Office of the Attorney General, 500 S. 2nd Street, Springfield, Illinois 62706.
PLEASE NOTE: The City of Evanston does not retain records regarding either the Police or Firefighter’s Pension Board materials. All FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) requests regarding Police or Firefighter’s Pension Board materials should be submitted directly to the Public Information Officer of the Fund:
Trustee & President Evanston Police Pension Fund
1454 Elmwood Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
Trustee & President Evanston Firefighter’s Pension Fund
702 Madison St
Evanston, IL 60202
- The first fifty (50) copies are free.
- Copies of 51 pages or more of public records are $.15 per page.
- Certification fee is $1.00.
- DUI report (driving under the influence) is cost to produce the document only.
- Ambulance report is cost to produce the document only.
- Fire/Incident report is cost to produce the document only.
- Audiotapes and videotapes are cost to produce the document only.
- CD is cost to produce the document only.
- Photographs cost to produce the document only.
- Transcript from the Hearings Division is cost to produce the document only.
- The charge to a requestor for copies of any abnormal size document is the actual cost to produce that document.
- Notary Service: free for the first document, then $1.00 each additional document.
Emergency Telephone System Board - CANCELED
Mental Health Board Funding Proposal Review
Housing and Homelessness Commission - RESCHEDULED
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Senior "Love Boat Cruise"
- E.P.D. Continues with Police Presence by Fleetwood-Jourdain
- ComEd Work Set for May 28-31 at Clark St. & Maple Ave.
- Evanston Police Honor C.P.A. Class Number 37
- Comcast Launches WiFi "Hot Spots" in Evanston
- Madison St. Lane Closure between Chicago Ave. & Custer Ave. May 25 for CTA Work