- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
2nd Ward Alderman
Peter Braithwaite grew up in Evanston’s 2nd Ward. The youngest of five and the son of Jamaican immigrants, he attended Dewey, Nichols, and Evanston Township High School. He graduated from the University of Kansas with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a focus in African-American Studies and Human Development.
Peter has worked with a variety of community and youth groups on strategic planning, program development, and fundraising for more than 15 years. He served as a Case Manager at Association House of Chicago, Project Coordinator for the Evanston “I Have a Dream Project," and interim Youth Director at the McGaw YMCA. More recently, he has worked in medical sales and is currently an independent sales consultant.
Peter is married to Claudia Braithwaite, a teacher in District 65, and is the proud father of four. Now raising his family in the Penny Park area, he looks forward to carrying on the community outreach and public service traditions of the late Alderman Dennis Drummer and the Hon. Lionel Jean Baptiste.
Evanston United Way Board, Co-Chair Champaign Committee and Member (2000-2006)
Evanston Fatherhood Project Advisory Board Member, Facilitator (2001-2002)
Evanston Community Foundation Root 2 Fruit Board (2002-Present)
Chessmen Club of the North Shore, Inc., Member/Officer (2004-Present)
Community Service Awards:
Paul Harris Fellow Award, The Rotary Foundation (1999)
Leadership Evanston, Evanston Community Foundation (2000)
Community Service Award, Chessmen Club of the North Shore, Inc. (2002)
2nd Ward Newsletter Archive
- February Newsletter: Valli Produce Preview, 2015 Capital Projects, and More
- Agenda for February 12 2nd Ward Meeting and Valli Produce Store Preview
- Reminder: 2nd Ward Meeting Feb. 12
- January Newsletter: First-time Homebuyers Seminar, Youth Jobs Success, and More!
- Penny Park Renovation Project, Holiday Schedule, and More!
- Reminder: Penny Park Renovation Project Public Meeting Dec. 11
- Penny Park Renovation Project Public Meeting Dec. 11
- November News: Evanston Plaza Update, City Budget and More
- Reminder: 2nd Ward Meeting Nov. 13
- Agenda for November 13 2nd Ward Meeting
- Special October News: Upcoming Public Meetings
- October News: Penny Park, Dodge Ave. Bike Lane Update and More
- Agenda for October 2nd Ward Meeting
- September News: Evanston Plaza, Street Resurfacing, and More!
- Agenda for September 2nd Ward Meeting
- August News: Starlight Concert, National Night Out & More!
- July News: July 4th Activities, Recycling Fair and More!
- June News: Free Lunch Program, Priority Needs Survey, and More!
- May Newsletter
- Late April Newsletter
- April Newsletter
- March Newsletter
- February Newsleter
- January Newsletter
- December Newsletter
- September 2013 News
- Late September 2013 Update
- September 2013 News
- August 2013 News
- Late July 2013 Update
- July 2013 News
- June 2013 News
- April 2013 News
Office: 1227 Dodge, 60201
Sign up for the 2nd Ward e-newsletter
Liquor Control Review Board
YWCA Racial Equity Training Session 4
Main/Chicago Construction Neighborhood Meeting
Harley Clarke Citizens' Committee
Housing & Homelessness Comission
- House Move to Impact Traffic and Parking on Green Bay Rd., Central St. and Crawford Ave.
- City Launches New Open Data Portal, OpenEvanston.org
- Public Works Storm Cleanup Update - Feb. 26
- Park Tree Removals Scheduled
- Enjoy Specials and Sales throughout the City March 7, We Love Evanston Day