- Agendas & Minutes
- Boards & Committees
- City Clerk
- City Code
- City Council
- City Manager
- Elected Officials
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Strategic Plan
Applications for employment opportunities are accepted online. Please click the box below to view all open positions and apply as directed. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with the City of Evanston. Please check your email often for application updates or invitations to interview. Be sure to check your spam or junk folders too!
Police Officer Application
Base Salary Range: $59,822-$87,093
The Posting Period has expired. Thank you to everyone who submitted applications!
Initial Eligibility List after September 13, 2015 Written Exam: Initial Eligibility List
Minimum Qualifications include:
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must be between 21 and 35 years of age as of September 12, 2015, unless exempt by state statute.
• High school diploma or GED and completion of 60 hours of college credit.
Preferred Qualifications include:
• Resident of Evanston, Illinois at the time of application.
• One year of active duty in and honorable discharge from the US Armed Forces.
• Current employment as a full-time sworn law enforcement officer.
Other required steps include an oral interview, polygraph examination, psychological evaluation, medical screening, background investigation, and final certification by the Civil Service Commission.
Human Resources is the central coordinating point for the filling of all full-time, permanent part-time, temporary, and seasonal positions. Human Resources also provides assistance and guidance to the operating departments and employees in all areas of employment including:
- position classification
- salary administration
- performance evaluation
- benefit administration
- on-the-job injuries and disability
- labor relations
Chosen candidates will be required to provide proof of licenses, certifications, and education required for this position. Candidates will also be subject to qualifying pre-employment processes, including medical examination, drug/alcohol screen, employment verification, and criminal background check.
Human Resources Division
2100 Ridge Avenue, Room 1700
Evanston IL 60201
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5PM
Salary & Benefits
View City of Evanston salary and benefits information here.
2016 Firefighter/Paramedic Eligibility List (expires 1/26/2018)
Base Salary Range: $53,506-$89,216
The City of Evanston ensures equal opportunity and fair access to City employment, recreational and educational programs, and services and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, order of protection status, marital status, familial status, disability, arrest record, military status, sexual orientation, and unfavorable military discharge. If you believe you have been discriminated against by the City regarding employment, recreational or educational programs, or services, please contact the Human Resources Division at 847-448-8204 to file a complaint.
By phone and through the web
Administration and Public Works Committee Meeting
Planning & Development Committee
Board of Local Improvements
- GOALed Gallery Calls for Young Artists
- Memorial Service to Be Held February 13 for Former Alderman Jean Esch
- Evanston to Host Youth Art, High School Instagram Contests in Celebration of National Drinking Water Week
- Free CPR and Life-saving Skills Training February 14 in Evanston
- City of Evanston Completes $5,000 Donation to Flint Water Fund, Community Members Encouraged to Contribute