- General Assistance
- Permits & Licenses
- Birth & Death Certificates
- Clean Air Act / Smoking
- Diseases & Conditions
- Erie Evanston/Skokie Health Center
- Food Establishment Inspections
- Food Service Manager Certification
- Attendance List
- Small Group Discussion Round One
- Small Group Discussion Round Two
- Healthy Homes
- Health Survey
- Mental Health
- Pest Control
- Property Maintenance
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness
- Creating A Basic Emergency Plan
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Disaster Driving
- If Officials Say to Evacuate
- Lightning Hazards
- Making a Disaster Survival Kit
- Medical Reserve Corps
- Summer Hazards
- Tornado Safety Tips
- Warning Signals
- Winter Storm Facts
- Why Prepare For Disaster?
- Referral Resources / Community Partners
- Rental Registration
- Travel Resources
- Women Out Walking
Birth & Death Certificates
The Office of Vital Records issues certified copies of birth and death certificates for birth or deaths occurring in Evanston with certain restrictions.
Note: The Vital Records Office will be closed tomorrow, July 10 from 8:30 am until 10:00am.
LOCATION: Room 550, Ground Floor, Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Avenue
HOURS OF OPERATION: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with the last request by 4:15 p.m.
BIRTH CERTIFICATES will be issued only to the following upon presentation of acceptable identification:
- The person named on the record if at least 18 years old.
- A parent named on the record.
- The legal representative of the person named on record with the proper documentation (i.e. spouse or attorney).
- Legal Guardian (with proof of guardianship).
Departments of Federal, State or Municipal government.
BIRTH CERTIFICATES may be requested in writing or in person at the Office of Vital Records by any listed above. Note the following requirements:
- Provide name at birth, date of birth, hospital, mother's maiden name, father's name and your signature.
- Include a legible copy of your valid photo ID. REQUIRED
- Include $10 for the first certificate and $2 for each additional certificate ordered.
- Make checks and money orders payable to CITY OF EVANSTON.
- Provide a daytime phone number.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Allow 3 weeks for processing.
- Visit or send requests to: Evanston Office of Vital Records, 2100 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60201
Acceptable Forms of Identification
Column A OR Column B
|One of the following Is required:||Two of the following are required:|
Printable application - click here: Request for Birth Certificate
To apply online go to: Request for Birth Certificate
The Office of Vital Records can provide a legal copy of a DEATH CERTIFICATE for a death that occurred in Evanston from 1992 to the present. Effective March 2, 2009, the fee for the 1st copy is $15 with each additional copy $5 each. NOTE: Only Evanston death records from 1992 to the present are available in the Evanston Office of Vital Records.
Printable application - click here: Request for Death Certificate
To apply online to go to: Request for Death Certificate
Note: For Cook County marriage certificate please visit Cook County Clerk's Office, Office of Vital Statistics.
Vital Records Office
Jazz Meets Blues Concert II
Romeo and Juliet
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Northwestern Football vs. California
Romeo and Juliet
- First Human Case of West Nile Virus Reported in Suburban Cook County
- Adult Mosquito Control Operations Set for August 28
- Evanston Ranked Among Top 25 Bike-to-Work Cities in the Nation
- First Human West Nile Virus Positive Case in Illinois For 2014 Reported
- Free Program to Focus on Quality Medical Care