- Permits & Licenses
- Birth & Death Certificates
- Clean Air Act / Smoking
- Children's Dental Clinic
- Diseases & Conditions
- Erie Evanston/Skokie Health Center
- Food Establishment Inspections
- Food Service Manager Certification
- Health Summit 2011
- Health Summit 2012
- Healthy Homes
- Let's Move
- Mental Health
- Pest Control
- Property Maintenance
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness
- Creating A Basic Emergency Plan
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Disaster Driving
- If Officials Say to Evacuate
- Lightning Hazards
- Making a Disaster Survival Kit
- Medical Reserve Corps
- Summer Hazards
- Tornado Safety Tips
- Warning Signals
- Winter Storm Facts
- Why Prepare For Disaster?
- Referral Resources / Community Partners
- Rental Registration
- Women Out Walking
Insects, rodents, and other animals may be considered pests as they may present negative health effects and/or property damage to residents. For questions regarding insects and rodents call 311 and you will receive assistance.
The City of Evanston has received an uprecedented number of requests for service for rodents in 2012. We are working with residents to control the problem. The City offers inspection and exterior treatment for rodents. In many of the cases, our inspectors have indicated that good management of property is essential to controlling the rodent population. To learn about how you can assist our staff please review the Preventing Rats. In addition here is an excellent article titled " Why urban rat populations are so difficult to control" by Dr. Robert Corrrigan appearing in Pest Control Magazine.
If you see rats in your neighborhood, please call 311 to schedule an inspection, or send a report here.
In order for inspection and treatment to occur, residents must fill out the Release of Liability form.
Rodenticide Release of Liability Form
The Health Department has been receiving an increasing amount of phone calls regarding Bed Bugs. We can offer consultation for home owners and will perform onsite inspections to provide residents with information on treatment as well as avoiding Bed Bugs. Please call 311 for more information.
Fact Sheets about Bed Bugs can be found here
Sustainable Pest Control and Pesticide Reduction Policy
The City of Evanston seeks to serve as a model to the public for the use of sustainable pest control practices, including natural lawn care and integrated pest management, as well as increase awareness about such practices. In 2010, the City of Evanston created the Sustainable Pest Control and Pesticide Reduction Policy. The purpose of this Policy is to reduce the use of pesticides in the City of Evanston through the implementation of sustainable pest control practices on City-owned or -leased property, and to educate the general public as well as the private sector about these practices. Click here to read the full policy.
Food Safety Widget.
Flash Player 9 is required.
Ladd Arboretum Committee
Board of Ethics
- Evanston Residents Called to Contribute to Historic Cancer Research Effort
- Sign Up for Ridgeville's Farmers' Market Pre-order Program
- City of Evanston Schedules for the Memorial Day Holiday
- Evanston Medical Reserve Corps Information Session May 7
- West Nile Virus Season Begins May 1