- Lots & Garages
- Parking Meters
- General Info About Tickets
- Contest Your Parking Ticket
- Pay Parking Tickets Online
- Residential Parking Permits
- Snow Parking Regulations
- Street Cleaning
- Wheel Tax (formerly Vehicle Sticker)
- Towed Vehicles
- Boot Program
- Parking FAQ
- Pay by Phone Parking
Residential Parking Permits
There are over 25 different Residential Parking Districts established in areas where there is high demand for on-street parking.
2016 Residential permits will be available starting 11/2/2015
Address Search for Parking Permit eligibility
Vehicles must display a current residential parking district permit for the specific area in order to be exempt from certain posted regulations. Only residents who live within a specific residential area can purchase residential parking permits. Residents must also pay their Evanston Wheel Tax if their vehicle is registered to the City of Evanston through the Illinois Secretary of State. In order to purchase Residential Parking Permits, residents must provide the following:
- Proof of current residence in the parking district. Proof of resiidence include one of the following. 1) Valid Illinois ID with Current Evanston address. 2) Current signed Lease (by both tenants and Landlord) or 3) Current Utility Bill (Gas, Electric, Cable, and Water only) that is less than 30 days old.
- Purchase/proof of payment of annual Wheel tax.
- The current State Vehicle Registration is required to identify where the vehicle is legally registered.
- Payment of all unresolved parking tickets.
One-day parking passes are available for vehicles belonging to friends and guests. Proof of residence within the district is required each time parking passes are purchased. Residents, not the visitors, must purchase the parking passes.
Combination Wheel Tax and Residential Permit
If you recieved a combination wheel tax and residential pemit renewal you can click here to submit your renewal.
If you live in a residential area and need a residential permit you can apply online here.
If your vehicle is registered to Evanston through the Illinois Secretary of State you will need to pay for your 2016 wheel tax as well.
****Note to apply online answer the questions on the application... You may need to submit a copy of your current vehicle registration and/or your current proof of address if prompted****
Still have questions? Check out out parking FAQ .
EVS District Residential Parking Permit Requirements
|Vehicle Registration Status||Required Purchase|
|Vehicle Registered to Evanston Address||Wheel Tax|
|Vehicle Not Registered to Evanston Address||Residential Parking Permit|
Flying Turkey 5K
Small Business Saturday
- CTA Holiday Train to Stop in Evanston Dec. 16, 18, 19, 22
- "The Nutcracker on Ice" Celebrates the Holiday Season Dec. 11-13
- City to Complete Additional Street Cleaning Operations December 1-4
- "Shop Evanston" on Small Business Saturday November 28
- Winners of the 10th Annual Paint Evanston Plows Contest Announced