- Lots & Garages
- Parking Meters
- General Info About Tickets
- Contest Your Parking Ticket
- Pay Parking Tickets Online
- Residential Parking Permits
- Snow Parking Regulations
- Street Cleaning
- Wheel Tax (formerly Vehicle Sticker)
- Towed Vehicles
- Boot Program
- Parking FAQ
- Pay by Phone Parking
Residential Parking Permits
There are over 25 different Residential Parking Districts established in areas where there is high demand for on-street parking.
The 2017 renewal period ends on 12/31/2016
Typically you will see parking signs at the beginning and end of each block in a residential district. These signs will indicate which permit area you are in. For more information please contact Evanston 311 or the Collector's Office to verify if you live in a residential permit area.
Vehicles must display a current residential parking district permit for the specific area in order to be exempt from certain posted regulations. Only residents who live within a specific residential area can purchase residential parking permits. Residents must also pay their Evanston Wheel Tax if their vehicle is registered to the City of Evanston through the Illinois Secretary of State. In order to purchase Residential Parking Permits, residents must provide the following:
- Proof of current residence in the parking district. Proof of residence include one of the following. 1) Valid Illinois ID with Current Evanston address. 2) Current signed Lease (by both tenants and Landlord) or 3) Current Utility Bill (Gas, Electric, Cable, and Water only) that is less than 30 days old.
- Purchase/proof of payment of annual Wheel tax.
- The current State Vehicle Registration is required to identify where the vehicle is legally registered.
- Payment of all unresolved parking tickets.
One-day parking passes are available for vehicles belonging to friends and guests. Proof of residence within the district is required each time parking passes are purchased. Residents, not the visitors, must purchase the parking passes.
Combination Wheel Tax and Residential Permit
LINK TO APPEAR SOON
If you have any questions please contact Evanston 311 or check out the parking FAQ .
PDF TO APPEAR SOON
EVS District Residential Parking Permit Requirements
|Vehicle Registration Status||Required Purchase|
|Vehicle Registered to Evanston Address||Wheel Tax|
|Vehicle Not Registered to Evanston Address||Residential Parking Permit|
EPL Holiday Book Sale
Evanston Symphony Holiday Concert
Liquor Control Review Board
Girl on Fire
Human Services Committee
- "The Nutcracker on Ice" Celebrates the Holiday Season Dec. 16-18
- Apply to Evanston's Cultural Fund Grant Program by January 31
- Evanston Police Conduct Internal Investigation into Arrest
- Open House Public Meeting on Chicago Avenue Corridor Improvement Project December 15
- Newsy Items on Monday City Council Agenda