- Lots & Garages
- Parking Meters
- General Info About Tickets
- Contest Your Parking Ticket
- Pay Parking Tickets Online
- Residential Parking Permits
- Snow Parking Regulations
- Street Cleaning
- Wheel Tax (formerly Vehicle Sticker)
- Towed Vehicles
- Boot Program
- Parking FAQ
- Pay by Phone Parking
Residential Parking Permits
There are over 25 different Residential Parking Districts established in areas where there is high demand for on-street parking.
The 2016 renewal period ends on 12/31/2015
Vehicles must display a current residential parking district permit for the specific area in order to be exempt from certain posted regulations. Only residents who live within a specific residential area can purchase residential parking permits. Residents must also pay their Evanston Wheel Tax if their vehicle is registered to the City of Evanston through the Illinois Secretary of State. In order to purchase Residential Parking Permits, residents must provide the following:
- Proof of current residence in the parking district. Proof of residence include one of the following. 1) Valid Illinois ID with Current Evanston address. 2) Current signed Lease (by both tenants and Landlord) or 3) Current Utility Bill (Gas, Electric, Cable, and Water only) that is less than 30 days old.
- Purchase/proof of payment of annual Wheel tax.
- The current State Vehicle Registration is required to identify where the vehicle is legally registered.
- Payment of all unresolved parking tickets.
One-day parking passes are available for vehicles belonging to friends and guests. Proof of residence within the district is required each time parking passes are purchased. Residents, not the visitors, must purchase the parking passes.
Combination Wheel Tax and Residential Permit
The 2016 Renewal Period ends on 12/31/2015. All applications received after this are subject to a late fee on the wheel tax. There is no late fee for a residential permit.
If you need to apply for a residential permit click here.
If you have any questions please contact Evanston 311 or check out the parking FAQ .
EVS District Residential Parking Permit Requirements
|Vehicle Registration Status||Required Purchase|
|Vehicle Registered to Evanston Address||Wheel Tax|
|Vehicle Not Registered to Evanston Address||Residential Parking Permit|
Memorial Day Community Reflection and Ceremony
Board of Local Improvements Public Hearing
Community Meeting for Noyes St. Planned Development
Design and Project Review Committee
Mental Health Board
- City of Evanston to Provide Transportation to Six Flags Great America Hiring Event May 31
- City of Evanston to Host Workforce Development Program Open Call for Job Candidates June 4
- First West Nile Virus Positive Bird in Illinois for 2016 Reported
- City Announces 2016 Memorial Day Holiday Weekend Schedule
- ComEd Work to Block Elmwood Ave. on May 25