- Register Online
- Ice Skating and Sledding
- Lakefront & Beaches
- Chandler-Newberger Center
- Ecology Center
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center
- Levy Senior Center
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center
- Robert Crown Center
- Summer Camps
- Support Your Parks
- Adopt a Park
- Gibbs-Morrison Center
The Ecology Center strives to foster a greater appreciation, awareness and knowledge of the natural environment and our interdependence with it through educational programs and services.
The Evanston Ecology Center is a City of Evanston facility. The Evanston Environmental Association (EEA) helps supports the Evanston Ecology Center, the Center's educational programs, and the Ladd Arboretum. Learn more by clicking here>>>.
In 2014, the Evanston Ecology Center celebrated its 40th anniversary. The video below highlights the history of the center and the great impact it's had on the community.
Classes are offered year-'round for children, adults, families, schools, and organized groups such as scouts. To learn more about this season's classes, click here.
Ecology Center staff oversee
- four community gardens
- several very popular summer camp programs
- canoeing on the North Shore Channel
- programming at Lighthouse Park
- Free "Access to Fishing" youth program (sponsored by the Department of Natural Resources)
- natural history programs
The Evanston Ecology Center's Multi-Purpose Room is available to host your next event! View and complete the online rental contract form for more information and to request a reservation.
2024 McCormick Blvd., Evanston, IL 60201
Winter Farmers' Market
Show the Love Parachute Drop
Evanston HEARTSafe Community
Evanston Symphony Orchestra Concert
Valentine's Day Family Fun Fest
- Emergency Overnight Homeless Shelter to Open February 12
- Mayor Tisdahl's Annual Summer Youth Employment Program Job Fair Set for March 12
- City Releases 2015 Fourth Quarter Economic Report
- Former Negro League Player Ray Knox Receives Key to the City
- GOALed Gallery Calls for Young Artists