- Register Online
- Lakefront & Beaches
- Park Permits & Picnics
- Chandler-Newberger Center
- Ecology Center
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Center
- Levy Senior Center
- Noyes Cultural Arts Center
- Robert Crown Center
- Summer Camps
- Support Your Parks
Evanston has two boat launch facilities: the Church Street Power Boat Ramp and the Dempster Street Launch Facility.
2013 BOAT PACKET (revised 4-24-2013)
Download the Boat Launch Information Packet above for registration information and dates for Church Street launch permits, Dempster Street launch and storage permits and for the Dempster Lottery.
Update on April 24, 2013:
all Dempster racks are sold out for except for single hull sailboats
Church Street Power Boat Ramp
Season launch permits are required (no daily launches). This ramp is used by power boats up to 22 feet, sailboats 15-22 feet and personal watercraft. A link to a PDF version of the information packet is posted above.
Dempster Street Launch Facility
Small sailboats and kayaks may be stored and launched at Dempster Street Beach. Boats must be light enough to be carried across the sand. A link to a PDF version of the information packet is posted above.
Sign up to Get notified of beach closings via text
Text messages will be sent on days when there is a beach closing. Select Beach Status from the list after entering your number below.
Prefer to get an email notification instead? Click here to sign up.
Parks, Recreation & Community Services
Board of Ethics
Zoning Board of Appeals
Housing & Community Development Act - CANCELED
- Evanston Gun Buyback Event Set for June 29
- Temporary Traffic Control Plan on Dodge between Oakton & Greenleaf May 20-24
- Update: Evanston Missing Person Located
- Evanston Residents Called to Contribute to Historic Cancer Research Effort
- Evanston Police and Fire Foundation to Hold Inaugural Golf Outing June 17