- Area Planning
- Zoning Applications
- Downtown Zoning
- Comprehensive Plan
- Commissions & Committees
- Community Dev. Block Grant
- Capital Improvement
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Planning
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2
- Plan Commission
- Reports & Plans
Adopt a Fancy Can
Are you tired of finding litter on your parkway or yard?
Why not ADOPT A FANCY CAN!
If you live in Evanston’s CDBG Target Area, you can adopt an attractive trash receptacle, a “Fancy Can,” to help clean up your neighborhood! All you need to do is:
- Complete the simple form requesting a free Fancy Can for the corner or parkway in front of your property.
- Sign your Fancy Can adoption papers agreeing to remove full trash bags from your Fancy Can and put them in your trash receptacle for pick up.
- Request additional trash bags for your Fancy Can from the City as needed.
It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
Adopt A Fancy Can is funded through the Community Development Block Grant program and helps Evanston residents do their part to keep our community clean and attractive.
To find out if you are eligible for the Fancy Can program or for an application, contact Susan Guderley, the Neighborhood Planner at 847.448.8675 directly or download the FancyCanApplication.pdf.
Submit your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Neighborhood Planner, Planning & Zoning Division, City of Evanston
2100 Ridge Ave., Evanston, IL 60201.
You can also fax it to 847.448.8126, Attention Susan Guderley.
Community Dev. Block Grant
2100 Ridge Ave., Evanston, IL 60201, Rm. 3102
Grants Administrator: Sarah Flax
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Senior "Love Boat Cruise"
Senior Spelling Bee
City of Evanston Schedules for the Memorial Day Holiday
Memorial Day Ceremony
- City of Evanston Schedules for the Memorial Day Holiday
- Tree Summit Announced to Save Evanston's Urban Forest
- CTA, Pace to Start Using Ventra Tranist Passes this Summer
- Evanston Public Library Falcon Banding & Naming Event May 30
- Recreation Huddle to Imagine Future of Recreation & Leisure