- Area Planning
- Zoning Applications
- Downtown Zoning
- Comprehensive Plan
- Commissions & Committees
- Community Dev. Block Grant
- Capital Improvement
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Planning
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2
- Plan Commission
- Reports & Plans
Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Areas
Evanston City Council adopted the Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Areas Plan on January 11, 2010. HUD encourages Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Areas (NRSAs) in its Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program to encourage coordination of resources and to concentrate those resources in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods. NRSAs may be submitted as part of a Consolidated Plan, but require separate approval from HUD.
The Plan targets low-income residential neighborhoods in southeast and west Evanston and identifies two specific areas as NRSAs. These neighborhoods include the areas in which the City’s Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2 housing grant is focused.
The Plan outlines a number of priorities, each addressing one of the CDBG national objectives—Decent Housing, Suitable Living Environment & Economic Opportunity, and provides benefits in the form of regulatory flexibilities for public service, economic development and housing programs that operate within the NRSAs.
Sarah Flax Jolene Saul
Community Dev. Block Grant
2100 Ridge Ave., Evanston, IL 60201, Rm. 3102
Grants Administrator: Sarah Flax
Board of Ethics - CANCELED
Zoning Board of Appeals
Housing & Community Development Act - RESCHEDULED
- Adult Mosquito Control Operations in Northwest Evanston Set for June 19
- Laboratory Confirmed Mumps Case in Chicago Area University Student
- Recycling Fair & Equipment Display July 13
- State Seeks Input on Illinois Bike Transportation Plan
- Celebrate 150 years of Evanston with "Its Thursday, Let's Dance! "