- Area Planning
- Zoning Applications
- Downtown Zoning
- Comprehensive Plan
- Commissions & Committees
- Community Dev. Block Grant
- Capital Improvement
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Planning
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2
- Plan Commission
- Reports & Plans
Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Areas
Evanston City Council adopted the Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Areas Plan on January 11, 2010. HUD encourages Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Areas (NRSAs) in its Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program to encourage coordination of resources and to concentrate those resources in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods. NRSAs may be submitted as part of a Consolidated Plan, but require separate approval from HUD.
The Plan targets low-income residential neighborhoods in southeast and west Evanston and identifies two specific areas as NRSAs. These neighborhoods include the areas in which the City’s Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2 housing grant is focused.
The Plan outlines a number of priorities, each addressing one of the CDBG national objectives—Decent Housing, Suitable Living Environment & Economic Opportunity, and provides benefits in the form of regulatory flexibilities for public service, economic development and housing programs that operate within the NRSAs.
Housing & Grants Coordinator
Community Dev. Block Grant
2100 Ridge Ave., Evanston, IL 60201, Rm. 3102
Grants Administrator: Sarah Flax
Board of Local Improvements
Admin/Public Works Comm.
Planning & Development Committee - CANCELED
Producemobile at Robert Crown Center and ACA enrollment
- Evanston Children's Theatre performs "Aladdin Jr." March 28-30
- City Warns of Misleading Electricity Supplier Solicitations
- Newsy Items on Monday City Council Agenda
- 2013 City Annual Report Released
- Evanston Earns 4-STAR Certification as National Sustainable Community, City One of Only Two Recognized for Excellence Nationwide