- Area Planning
- Zoning Applications
- Downtown Zoning
- Comprehensive Plan
- Commissions & Committees
- Community Dev. Block Grant
- Capital Improvement
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Planning
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2
- Plan Commission
- Reports & Plans
Neighborhood Safety Program
The City offers the Neighborhood Security Program (NSP) to assist residential property owners in making effective security improvements to their buildings. The program emphasizes overall external building security and promotes safety improvements associated with a building’s surroundings (courtyard, alley, side yard, etc.) and building access (vestibule, stairwells, and garages, etc.) Depending on building size, owners may be eligible for a 50% rebate up to $2,000 of the cost for eligible improvements. Beginning March 1, 2008, NSP was expanded to include all housing types, including single family homes. Other changes include beneficiary income limits and increased rebate amounts. The program’s requirements are:
- A participating building must be located within the City’s CDBG Target Area, and
- Fifty-one percent (51%) of the households residing in the building must have incomes at or below 80% of the Area Median Household Income (See program brochure and application).
Once eligibility is determined, the program requires the following steps:
- Property owner(s) shall agree to follow all City and HUD Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) regulations.
- The Police Department MUST conduct a building security survey.
- Final City of Evanston approval of application will be issued based on results and recommended specifications of the EPD security survey; this must be obtained PRIOR to the installation of any improvements. Rebates cannot apply to work completed or begun prior to an EPD inspection and application approval letter.
Rebates will be issued upon final inspection by the EPD and proof of payment for materials and labor associated with the approved improvements.
Send your completed email application to email@example.com or contact the Neighborhood Planner at 847-448-8675 for more information.
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Senior "Love Boat Cruise"
Senior Spelling Bee
City of Evanston Schedules for the Memorial Day Holiday
Memorial Day Ceremony
- City of Evanston Schedules for the Memorial Day Holiday
- Tree Summit Announced to Save Evanston's Urban Forest
- CTA, Pace to Start Using Ventra Transit Passes this Summer
- Evanston Public Library Falcon Banding & Naming Event May 30
- Recreation Huddle to Imagine Future of Recreation & Leisure