- Area Planning
- Zoning Applications
- Downtown Zoning
- Comprehensive Plan
- Commissions & Committees
- Community Dev. Block Grant
- Capital Improvement
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Planning
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program 2
- Plan Commission
- Reports & Plans
Bid Package 9
The ninth bid package for NSP2 rehabilitation work is scheduled to be released on Friday March 8th at 9am. Bid packages will be available for pick-up at BCM, 1123 Emerson Street, Suite 202, Evanston. Proposals will be due to BCM by 2pm on Friday April 5th.
A pre-bid conference will be held Wednesday, March 13th at 11am in Room 2404 of the Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave, Evanston.
Property inspections are mandatory for bid consideration and will occur Friday March 15th. A detailed inspection schedule will be included in the bid package.
Previous Bid Packages
The most recent subcontract award information is below:
The City has established the goal that a minimum of 25 percent of construction subcontracts for NSP2 be awarded to Minority, Women, or Evanston Business Enterprises (M/W/EBEs). In addition, HUD requires that 10 percent of construction contracts be awarded to Section 3 business concerns. To date, approximately $6.73 million in subcontracts have been awarded. Of that amount, 74 percent has been awarded to M/W/EBEs and 28 percent to Section 3 businesses.
Creating jobs for Evanston workers and businesses in building trades is an important goal of our NSP2 program and of the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009.
As such, the following goals and objectives must be met during the NSP2 program:
- City of Evanston has a goal that a minimum of 25% of contracts go to minority or woman owned or Evanston based businesses
- Our NSP2 program must also comply with HUD Section 3 requirements to employ low income people (with incomes ≤ 80% of the area median), especially those residing in the areas being improved by the grant
General Contractor for NSP2
BCM, LLC, the construction affiliate of Brinshore Development, LLC, is the general contractor for NSP2 and will handle all subcontracting. Please continue to check the website for bidding opportunities and information about subcontract awards.
- Bid opportunities will be posted on this page as released. Bookmark it, make it your homepage or check it regularly to make sure you get timely information.
- An email will be sent to anyone who registers for information updates when new information is posted. Complete the form below to get on the email list.
- Bid applications will be available for pick up at BCM’s Evanston office and will include relevant project documents (drawings, specifications, etc.), also date and time for site visits. Bid applications will be on CDs (compact disc).
- The bid proposal due date will be provided for each bid opportunity (date/time of day and location to submit). Late proposals will not be considered.
BCM, LLC, the NSP2 general contractor, will consider only responsive bids and will contact subcontractors who have submitted responsive bid proposals by the specified due date.
The following information will generally be expected in a responsive subcontractor bid proposal:
- Company information: years in operation, contact info, etc.
- Project references: previous projects, prior experience with City of Evanston, etc.
- If M/W/EBE certified company, provide copy of certification from certifying agency
- If Evanston licensed contractor, provide copy of license.
- Copy of EPA Lead Based Paint license or EPA Renovation, Repair and Painting certification, as required
- Detailed scope(s) of work
- Detailed cost breakdown
- Estimated time of completion/Schedule
- Number of employees
Spring Ice Show: Skate Through the Day
"Fragments of Memory" and "Seed by Seed" Exhibition Reception
Ladd Arboretum Committee
- Update: Evanston Missing Person Located
- Evanston Residents Called to Contribute to Historic Cancer Research Effort
- Evanston Police and Fire Foundation to Hold Inaugural Golf Outing June 17
- Evanston Ordinance Banning Hand-held Cell Phones While Driving in Third Year
- Water Shut Down for Washington St. & Florence Ave. Area for Repair Work May 17