- About Us
- Animal Control
- Armored Surveillance Vehicle
- Attempt to ID Crime Suspects
- Bicycle Registration
- Chaplain Program
- Citizen Police Academy
- Crime Prevention Tips
- Deployment Meetings
- Commendation & Complaint Forms
- Honor Guard
- Howard St. Outpost
- K-9 Unit
- Major Crash Assistance Team
- News & Media Releases
- Phone Directory
- Police Beats
- Recovered Property
- Related Links
- Text To 911
- Text a Tip
- Traffic Bureau
- Victim & Youth Services
Police Social Services
The Mission of Evanston Police Social Services is to Assist & Enhance Police Interventions for the Support of Crime Victims and Witnesses, Families Experiencing Youth-Related Crises and the Betterment of Youth Offenders
Victim Services provides social services to crime victims and witnesses and to residents seeking social service assistance in non-crime situations.
Additionally services provided include:
- Crisis Intervention Counseling, Information and Resources for Crime Victims and Witnesses
- Medical Advocacy for Sexual Assaults, Domestic Violence and Physical Abuse cases.
- Referrals or Assistance in obtaining Orders of Protection
- Court Advocacy to assist victims and witnesses through the criminal justice system, including status on court dates and meetings with State’s Attorney
- Assist Domestic Violence Victims with Warning Signs of Domestic Violence, Safety Planning and provide Shelter Referrals.
- Assist eligible Victims with filing for Monetary Reimbursement under the Illinois Crime Victims Compensation Act
- Personal Advocacy such as interceding with employers so that Victims and Witnesses may attend court and intervening with medical billing issues related to injuries sustained during crime
- Legal Resources and Referrals regarding Domestic Violence & Custody Issues
Youth Services provides Family Support and Intervention Services for Youth-Related Crisis and Youth Offenders.
- Follow Up with Parents and Families on incidents of non-criminal Youth-Related Incidents that come to the attention of the Police Department.
- Community Service Program provides youth with an alternative-to-court police response and includes Community Service Work, Family Meeting and Assessment resulting in a Plan to Prevent Recurrence.
- Restorative Justice Services: Victim-Offender Conferencing provides Youth Offenders opportunities to be accountable to victims and the community. Victim-Offender Conferencing includes a Family Meeting and Youth Assessment in order to develop a Plan to Prevent Recurrence.
- Peace Circles provide a safe process for mediation and resolution of youth peer, family and community conflicts.
- Coordination of Services with Schools, Community Agencies and Court Systems.
Victim Services: 847-866-5015
Youth Services: 847-866-5017
Administration and Public Works Committee Meeting
Planning & Development Committee
Age Friendly Task Force Meeting
Benchmarking Ordinance Public Comment Open Session
- Newsy Items on Monday City Council Agenda
- Divvy Bike Share Rolls Into Evanston Next Week
- First West Nile Virus Mosquitoes Reported in Evanston
- Celebrate Independence Day 2016 in Evanston with Parade, Fireworks and Activities
- City of Evanston Awarded Inclusive Transportation Planning Grant