- About Us
- Animal Control
- Armored Surveillance Vehicle
- Attempt to ID Crime Suspects
- Bicycle Registration
- Chaplain Program
- Citizen Police Academy
- Crime Prevention Tips
- Deployment Meetings
- Commendation & Complaint Forms
- Honor Guard
- Howard St. Outpost
- K-9 Unit
- Major Crash Assistance Team
- News & Media Releases
- Phone Directory
- Police Beats
- Recovered Property
- Related Links
- Text To 911
- Text a Tip
- Traffic Bureau
- Victim & Youth Services
Traffic Crash Reports
Traffic crash reports are available for a fee at the Evanston Police Department or online from Docview.
Accident reports can be purchased Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or online anytime
Only the victim can obtain a copy of an incident report. Please make your request in person or by mail.
To request in person, please come to the Evanston Police Department (1454 Elmwood Avenue) with a valid photo ID. There is no charge for in-person requests.
Or, mail a written request for the report. Send a photocopy of a valid photo ID, a check or money order for $5.00, and a self addressed stamped envelope to:
Evanston Police Department
1454 Elmwood Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
- Victims of an incident can receive a copy of the report Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Copies of all arrest report require a subpoena.
- No Copies of tickets will be made.
- Any other record will require a Freedom of Information Act form to be completed.
Ink fingerprint services are offered for a fee of $10 per card for all Evanston residents and $30 per card for non-residents. Appointments can be made by calling the Records Bureau during normal business hours. The fingerprint card must be provided by the person being fingerprinted. For FBI cards, click here to print a copy. For Illinois fingerprint cards, contact the Illinois State Police at 815-740-5160. All fingerprint cards will be returned to the person being fingerprinted for submission to the appropriate agency.
Man Up! Health Initiative
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Fountain Square Art Festival
Northwestern University Community Picnic
- Divvy Bike Share Rolls Into Evanston Next Week
- First West Nile Virus Mosquitoes Reported in Evanston
- Celebrate Independence Day 2016 in Evanston with Parade, Fireworks and Activities
- City of Evanston Awarded Inclusive Transportation Planning Grant
- Temporary Water Service Shut-down on 3100-3200 Blocks of Harrison St.