- About Us
- Animal Control
- Armored Surveillance Vehicle
- Attempt to ID Crime Suspects
- Bicycle Registration
- Chaplain Program
- Citizen Police Academy
- Crime Prevention Tips
- Deployment Meetings
- Commendation & Complaint Forms
- Honor Guard
- Howard St. Outpost
- K-9 Unit
- Major Crash Assistance Team
- News & Media Releases
- Phone Directory
- Police Beats
- Recovered Property
- Related Links
- Text To 911
- Text a Tip
- Traffic Bureau
- Victim & Youth Services
Traffic Crash Reports
Traffic crash reports are available for a fee at the Evanston Police Department or online from Docview.
Accident reports can be purchased Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or online anytime
Only the victim can obtain a copy of an incident report. Please make your request in person or by mail.
To request in person, please come to the Evanston Police Department (1454 Elmwood Avenue) with a valid photo ID. There is no charge for in-person requests.
Or, mail a written request for the report. Send a photocopy of a valid photo ID, a check or money order for $5.00, and a self addressed stamped envelope to:
Evanston Police Department
1454 Elmwood Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
- Victims of an incident can receive a copy of the report Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Copies of all arrest report require a subpoena.
- No Copies of tickets will be made.
- Any other record will require a Freedom of Information Act form to be completed.
Ink fingerprint services are offered for a fee of $10 per card for all Evanston residents and $30 per card for non-residents. Appointments can be made by calling the Records Bureau during normal business hours. The fingerprint card must be provided by the person being fingerprinted. For FBI cards, click here to print a copy. For Illinois fingerprint cards, contact the Illinois State Police at 815-740-5160. All fingerprint cards will be returned to the person being fingerprinted for submission to the appropriate agency.
LYFE Kitchen Storytelling
Age Friendly Evanston! Taskforce Meeting
Human Relations Commission
Starlight Concert Series
Design and Project Review Committee
- Participate in National Night Out Against Crime Events Across Evanston August 4
- City of Evanston's "Let's Roll Together" Campaign to Promote Road Safety July 20-22
- Evanston to Host Fallen Firefighters Remembrance Ceremony July 22
- Evanston and Chicago Police Departments Meet for Public Roll Call July 7
- Registration Now Open for Youth Citizen Police Academy July 13-17