- About Us
- Animal Control
- Attempt to ID Crime Suspects
- Chaplain Program
- Citizen Police Academy
- Crime Prevention Tips
- Commendation & Complaint Forms
- Honor Guard
- Howard St. Outpost
- K-9 Unit
- Major Crash Assistance Team
- Phone Directory
- Police Beats
- Recovered Property
- Related Links
- Text a Tip
- Traffic Bureau
- Victim & Youth Services
- Support Your Police Dept.
As part of the Division of Strategic Services, the Traffic Bureau enforces traffic laws and ordinances and regulates the flow of vehicular and pedestrian traffic. This Bureau manages and performs the follow-up investigation of most hit and run accidents and administers the tow ordinance. This Bureau also handles the towing of abandoned and junk vehicles.
Traffic Bureau Recieves Award
Evanston Police Department's Traffic Bureau Received National & State Awards for Traffic Safety and Enforcement Initiatives.
There are seven officers assigned to the Traffic Bureau. The unit is supervised by a sergeant and there is a civilian employee assigned to the unit. Duties are conducted through the use of both cars and motorcycles.
The Traffic Bureau conducts enforcement throughout the year in an effort to reduce crashes and make Evanston a safer community to live and drive in.
Many of the traffic officers have had additional training and are certified in:
- Drug Recognition Expert – additional training for dealing with persons impaired by drugs.
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Specialist – enforcement of the state adopted Federal Motor Carrier Regulation; inspection of commercial vehicles for safety and weight violations.
- Child Passenger Safety Technician – assistance to citizens for proper installation of child restraint seats.
- Collision Reconstruction: The Evanston Police Department Reconstruction Team is designated to investigate and determine what occurred during a collision sequence, in fatal and serious collisions. The Team consists of two reconstructionists, drug recognition experts, photographers, and other specially trained officers. The team uses GPS based surveying equipment in evidence collection and scene diagramming. The reconstructionists have hundreds of hours of training relating to physics, mathematics, and collision investigation.
EPD Awards Ceremony
Police Chief: Richard Eddington
1454 Elmwood Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
Non emergency: 847.866.5000
Department Telephone Directory
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Senior "Love Boat Cruise"
Senior Spelling Bee
City of Evanston Schedules for the Memorial Day Holiday
Memorial Day Ceremony
- City of Evanston Schedules for the Memorial Day Holiday
- E.P.D. Increases Traffic Enforcement for Upcoming Memorial Day Weekend
- E.P.D. Continues with Police Presence by Fleetwood-Jourdain
- Evanston Police Honor C.P.A. Class Number 37
- Evanston Gun Buyback Event Set for June 29