- About My Place
- Building & Housing Rehab
- Community Ambassadors
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Evanston Español
- Farmers' Market
- Fire Department
- LGBT Community
- New Residents
- NU Student Resources
- Parks & Recreation
- Permits & Licenses
- Planning & Zoning
- Police Department
- Property Tax Assessment
- Recycling & Waste
- Senior Services
- Youth & Young Adults
Welcome to the City of Evanston. The City’s web site is a great resource for new and existing residents! The web site is ever-changing and updated regularly. Visit often to learn what’s going on.
To see this information in Spanish, please click here>>>
Para ver esta información en español, por favor haga clic aquí>>>
The City of Evanston has 11 departments and offers many services from many different buildings. Residents can call 311 or 847-448-4311 seven days a week from 7am to 7pm to ask questions, request services or report non-emergency situations.
Where You Are
Enter your address in About My Place to find out what City Ward you reside in; who your Alderman is; your refuse, yard waste and recycling pickup days; street cleaning dates; and other vital information you need to become acclimated to your new community.
Contact your elected officials using this information.
Licenses and other Registration
- The City has a wonderful library. See about getting a library card here.
- Residents must register their pets with the City and purchase a license annually.
- Voter Registration, Polling Places and Precincts
- Purchase a residential parking permit here. All vehicles registered to Evanston must also pay a wheel tax annually.
- Driver's Licenses are obtained through the Cook County DMV
Waste, Recycling, Street Cleaning and Snow
- Refuse Collection
- Yard Waste
- Leaf Season: leaf blowers may only be used between March 30 and May 15 and between September 30 and the first Thursday of December during these hours: Monday-Friday, 7am to 9pm and Saturday, Sunday, and holidays, 9am to 5pm.
- Street Cleaning
- Snow Plan
By phone and through the web
Memorial Day Ceremony
Age Friendly Evanston! Taskforce Meeting
Administration & Public Works Committee Meeting
Human Relations Commission
Planning and Development Committee
- Temporary Traffic Control Plan for Alley Between Chicago and Hinman Avenues June 1-11
- Temporary Traffic Control Plan for Dodge Ave. May 26-29
- Provide Your Feedback to Help Make Evanston More Age Friendly
- City Announces 2015 Memorial Day Holiday Weekend Schedule
- Over 200 Volunteers Participate in 2nd Annual "Clean Up, Evanston!" Event April 25