- About My Place
- Building & Housing Rehab
- City Television
- Community Ambassadors
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Evanston Español
- Farmers' Market
- Fire Department
- LGBTQ Community
- New Residents
- NU Student Resources
- Parks & Recreation
- Permits & Licenses
- Planning & Zoning
- Police Department
- Property Tax Assessment
- Recycling & Waste
- Senior Services
- Youth & Young Adults
Welcome to the City of Evanston. The City’s web site is a great resource for new and existing residents! The web site is ever-changing and updated regularly. Visit often to learn what’s going on.
To see this information in Spanish, please click here>>>
Para ver esta información en español, por favor haga clic aquí>>>
The City of Evanston has 11 departments and offers many services from many different buildings. Residents can call 311 or 847-448-4311 Monday to Friday from 7am to 7pm and Saturday from 9 a.m. from 5 p.m. to ask questions, request services or report non-emergency situations. In addition, services are available online and on our app 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Where You Are
Enter your address in About My Place to find out what City Ward you reside in; who your Alderman is; your refuse, yard waste and recycling pickup days; street cleaning dates; and other vital information you need to become acclimated to your new community.
Contact your elected officials using this information.
Licenses and other Registration
- The City has a wonderful library. See about getting a library card here.
- Residents must register their pets with the City and purchase a license annually.
- Voter Registration, Polling Places and Precincts
- Purchase a residential parking permit here. All vehicles registered to Evanston must also pay a wheel tax annually.
- Driver's Licenses are obtained through the Cook County Secretary of State's Office
Beaches, Libraries, Parks, and Community Centers
Evanston has 6 beaches, 7 community centers, and the main Evanston Public Library and two branch libraries, as well as 76 parks and 50 playgrounds.
Waste, Recycling, Street Cleaning and Snow
- Refuse Collection
- Yard Waste
- Leaf Blowing: Leaf blowers may only be used between March 30 and May 15 and between September 30 and the first Thursday of December during these hours: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday, Sunday, and holidays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Street Cleaning
- Snow Plan
By phone and through the web
EPL Holiday Book Sale
Evanston Symphony Holiday Concert
Liquor Control Review Board
Girl on Fire
Human Services Committee
- "The Nutcracker on Ice" Celebrates the Holiday Season Dec. 16-18
- Apply to Evanston's Cultural Fund Grant Program by January 31
- Evanston Police Conduct Internal Investigation into Arrest
- Open House Public Meeting on Chicago Avenue Corridor Improvement Project December 15
- Newsy Items on Monday City Council Agenda