- About My Place
- Building & Housing
- Evanston Español
- Fire Department
- New Residents
- NU Student Resources
- Parks & Recreation
- Permits & Licenses
- Planning & Zoning
- Police Department
- Recycling & Waste
- Senior Services
- Youth & Young Adults
Looking for ways to volunteer and help make Evanston a better place to live and work? The City of Evanston Volunteer Program provides many opportunities for you.
Volunteerism is one of our community’s greatest assets. Each hour you donate in Evanston not only strengthens our entire community but also helps realize our shared vision of making Evanston the "most livable city in America.”
How do I find volunteer opportunities?
Get the lastest news by subscribing to the City of Evanston Volunteer eNewsletter!
If you are an INDIVIDIUAL and are interested in volunteering with the City of Evanston, please browse our open opportunities on Volunteer Evanston. (if you need assistance accessing the Volunteer Evanston, please do not hesitate to contact 847.859.7833)
If you are looking for corporate and/or community GROUP opportunities, please complete the Group Volunteer Application.
Are you an agency that needs help for one time projects? Make sure you submit your projects to Volunteer Evanston so we can match you up with groups of volunteers that are looking to help! Submit your projects today here>>>
If you are interested in serving on one of the City of Evanston's Boards, Commissions, or Committees, please click here to learn about the appointment process and to submit an application.
The City of Evanston is a proud Volunteer Evanston partner. Volunteer Evanston is our local webportal designed specifically to connect You with volunteer opportunities in Evanston.
Do you need help figuring out how to sign up on the website? Follow these simple Volunteer Evanston Instructions.
Now you're all signed up and are ready to log your hours! Just follow these steps to start counting your hours and help us reach our goal of 150,000 hours of volunteer service in 2013! We are well over a third of the way to our goal with over 68,000 hours logged as of early May 2013!
THE EVANSTON150 VOLUNTEER PLEDGE
· I am proud that Evanston is MY community.
· We are a community dedicated to making a difference.
· 2013 marks a year-long observance of Evanston's founding 150 years ago.
· To help shape our shared future and to chronicle our collective civic engagement,
· I promise to VOLUNTEER to the fullest extent I am able, and to LOG my hours on the Volunteer Evanston website.
The City has an opportunity that matches your personal or professional interests, whether you're looking for environmental programming, childhood literacy or community economic development.
Missed an issue of Volunteer News? Not to worry, check them out here:
Sign up for Volunteer News!
- City of Evanston Schedules for the Memorial Day Holiday
- Tree Summit Announced to Save Evanston's Urban Forest
- CTA, Pace to Start Using Ventra Transit Passes this Summer
- Evanston Public Library Falcon Banding & Naming Event May 30
- Recreation Huddle to Imagine Future of Recreation & Leisure