- About My Place
- Building & Housing Rehab
- Community Ambassadors
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Evanston Español
- Farmers' Market
- Fire Department
- LGBT Community
- New Residents
- NU Student Resources
- Parks & Recreation
- Permits & Licenses
- Planning & Zoning
- Police Department
- Property Tax Assessment
- Recycling & Waste
- Senior Services
- Youth & Young Adults
Workforce Development Program
Evanston residents now have a clearer path to qualify for and attain employment on campus construction, renovation and maintenance projects as part of Northwestern University's and the City of Evanston's Workforce Development Program.
Residents can find the application online here (PDF format), and at City of Evanston recreation centers, the Main Evanston Public Library, the Evanston Youth Job Center and the Howard Area Community Center.
Residents who apply and qualify for the program will be vetted by City staff to determine eligibility. The City will then provide a pool of qualified Evanston residents to Northwestern, which will work with its contractors and subcontractors to ensure that residents are employed on appropriate construction projects to the extent possible. It’s important to note that all potential candidates will still be subject to the hiring process of Northwestern and its contractors and subcontractors.
To receive information and updates about employment and apprenticeship opportunities provided by the program, sign up for the City of Evanston's Workforce Development email list below, or call 3-1-1 (847-448-4311 outside of Evanston).
Design and Project Review Committee
It's Thursday, Let's Dance!
Downtown Evanston Farmers' Market
Lakeshore Arts Festival
- Temporary Traffic Control Plan for ComEd Fiber Optic Cable Installation August 1-15
- "Trending Topics and Facts" Webpage
- ComEd to Implement Temporary Traffic Control Plan on Maple Ave. July 28
- Members of "Evanston Own It" Initiative Provide $13,500 Donation for 2016 Mayor's Summer Youth Employment Program
- Attend FJT's Annual Black Tie Gala and Hear "Black Voices of Opera" August 29