- About My Place
- Building & Housing Rehab
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Evanston Español
- Fire Department
- LGBT Community
- New Residents
- NU Student Resources
- Parks & Recreation
- Permits & Licenses
- Planning & Zoning
- Police Department
- Property Tax Assessment
- Recycling & Waste
- Senior Services
- Youth & Young Adults
Workforce Development Program
Evanston residents now have a clearer path to qualify for and attain employment on campus construction, renovation and maintenance projects as part of Northwestern University's and the City of Evanston's Workforce Development Program.
Residents can find the application online here (PDF format), and at City of Evanston recreation centers, the Main Evanston Public Library, the Evanston Youth Job Center and the Howard Area Community Center.
Residents who apply and qualify for the program will be vetted by City staff to determine eligibility. The City will then provide a pool of qualified Evanston residents to Northwestern, which will work with its contractors and subcontractors to ensure that residents are employed on appropriate construction projects to the extent possible. It’s important to note that all potential candidates will still be subject to the hiring process of Northwestern and its contractors and subcontractors.
To receive information and updates about employment and apprenticeship opportunities provided by the program, sign up for the City of Evanston's Workforce Development email list below, or call 3-1-1 (847-448-4311 outside of Evanston).
Breakfast with Santa
Indoor Farmer & Artisan Food Market
"Nutcracker-themed" Public Skating Session
Age Friendly Evanston Community Meeting
- Evanston Police Commander Parrott Promoted to Deputy Police Chief
- City Invites Comments on a Notice of Intent to Request Release of Funds
- Show Off Your Ugly Holiday Sweater for a Chance to Win Local Theatre/Arts Show Tickets
- "Evanston Rec" App Users Get First Look Inside the 2015 Summer Camp Guide
- Evanston Divvy Bike Share Partnership and Sponsorship Opportunities Announced