- Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Handyman Program
- Subsidized Taxicab Program
- Vehicle Sticker Discount
- Yard Waste Discount
- Benefit Access Program
- Prescription Discount Card
- Benefit Card Program
- Commission on Aging
- Aging Well Conference & Film Festival
- Levy Senior Center
- Snow Shoveling Program
- Age Friendly Evanston Initiative
- Age Friendly Community Meetings
- Age Friendly Task Force
Snow Shoveling Program
Those seeking help and those who would like to volunteer are encouraged to sign up now. The City of Evanston's Senior & Disabled Persons Snow Shoveling program connects residents with volunteers who are willing to provide snow shoveling services. Volunteers will be needed for the entire winter 2014-15 snow season.
Evanston residents often request assistance during harsh winters for snow shoveling and by residents providing their contact information to the program list, Evanston residents can be provided with a complete list of available volunteers in their area. The resident is responsible for contacting the volunteer from the list provided them by the city's volunteer program and for making financial or scheduling arrangements. The volunteer is responsible for completing the task or notifying the resident if they are unable to complete the work.
The program is in its fourth year of connecting residents with volunteers. The city encourages those willing to volunteer to register early; you never know when the first snowfall will arrive. The success of this program will benefit seniors and those with disabilities along with showing what a great volunteer spirit there is in Evanston.
To Register for Assistance
If seniors or those with disabilities wish to register for the program, please fill out the form below or call 3-1-1.
Online Snow Shoveling Assistance Form
Mail-in Form Snow Shoveling Assistance Form.pdf
The City of Evanston is looking to connect individuals that are willing to help shovel sidewalks and driveways to seniors and the disabled in Evanston. This referral service will link volunteers who will shovel and residents who are unable to shovel. The volunteers’ contact information will be provided to the resident and the resident is responsible for contacting the volunteer. If you are able to volunteer your time, click here>>> or call 3-1-1.
Rules Committee of the Plan Commission
Halloween for Little Ones
Halloween After School
Halloween Skating Party
- Evanston Police Department Provides 2014 Halloween Safety Tips
- Local Volunteers Make Evanston Day of Caring Event a Great Success
- City e-newsletter the Number One Source for Evanston News According to Recent Survey
- City to Host Open House Meeting to Discuss Emerson/Ridge/Green Bay Intersection Improvement Project October 29
- Evanston Residents Can Now Connect with the City of Evanston through Nextdoor.com