- Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Handyman Program
- Subsidized Taxicab Program
- Vehicle Sticker Discount
- Yard Waste Discount
- Benefit Access Program
- Prescription Discount Card
- Benefit Card Program
- Commission on Aging
- Aging Well Conference & Film Festival
- Levy Senior Center
- Snow Shoveling Program
- Age Friendly Evanston Initiative
- Age Friendly Community Meetings
- Age Friendly Task Force
Snow Shoveling Program
Those seeking help and those who would like to volunteer are encouraged to sign up. The City of Evanston's Senior & Disabled Persons Snow Shoveling program connects residents with volunteers who are willing to provide snow shoveling services. Volunteers will be needed for the entire winter 2015-16 snow season.
Evanston residents often request assistance during harsh winters for snow shoveling and by residents providing their contact information to the program list, Evanston residents can be provided with a complete list of available volunteers in their area. The resident is responsible for contacting the volunteer from the list provided them by the city's volunteer program and for making financial or scheduling arrangements. The volunteer is responsible for completing the task or notifying the resident if they are unable to complete the work.
The program is in its fifth year of connecting residents with volunteers. The success of this program will benefit seniors and those with disabilities along with showing what a great volunteer spirit there is in Evanston.
To Register for Assistance
If seniors or those with disabilities wish to register for the program, please fill out the form below or call 3-1-1.
Online Snow Shoveling Assistance Form
Mail-in Form Snow Shoveling Assistance Form.pdf
The City of Evanston is looking to connect individuals that are willing to help shovel sidewalks and driveways to seniors and the disabled in Evanston. This referral service will link volunteers who will shovel and residents who are unable to shovel. The volunteers’ contact information will be provided to the resident and the resident is responsible for contacting the volunteer. If you are able to volunteer your time, click here>>> or call 3-1-1.
Natural Habitat Evanston May Day Celebration
Spring Ice Show: Magic Starts With A Wish
Evanston Children's Theatre Presents: Schoolhouse Rock Live! JR.
Human Services Committee
Housing & Homelessness Commission
- Illinois Department of Public Health Reports 16 Travel Associated Cases of Zika Virus in Illinois
- Livable Landscapes Program Offers Residents Assistance with Stormwater Management, Eco-Friendly Planting
- Vote for Evanston in the 2016 World Wildlife Fund's "We Love Cities" Campaign
- City of Evanston "311 About My Place" Tool Wins Public Technology Institute's 2016 Technology Solutions Award
- City of Evanston Partners with iKeedo to Raise Funds for Fallen Trees