The City of Evanston uses an emergency notification system to alert community members in the event of an emergency. This service allows you to sign up for text message or email alerts.
Sign up for Emergency Notifications by clicking the "Sign Up" button, or subscribe via text message:
- To subscribe to text alerts, text COE EMERGENCY to 468311
- To subscribe to email alerts, text COE EMERGENCY YourEmailAddress to 468311
The system will be used to notify residents about imminent threats to health and safety. Public safety officials will send alerts about emergencies such as severe weather, floods, gas leaks or critical police activity.
Click here to register for this service, and then enter your email address or your cell phone number.
If you don't sign up, you will still receive notifications on your traditional landline home phone, but nowhere else.
The system is only as good as the information you provide. If your phone number or email address changes, you must go to your profile and update the information. The one exception is traditional landlines. If a traditional landline changes to another landline number, that information will be automatically updated.
No, the information that you provide will be used for emergency purposes only. We will not give or sell your telephone numbers or email addresses to any vendor or other organization.
Sign Up for Emergency Notifications
Memorial Day Community Reflection and Ceremony
Board of Local Improvements Public Hearing
Community Meeting for Noyes St. Planned Development
Design and Project Review Committee
Mental Health Board
- City of Evanston to Provide Transportation to Six Flags Great America Hiring Event May 31
- City of Evanston to Host Workforce Development Program Open Call for Job Candidates June 4
- First West Nile Virus Positive Bird in Illinois for 2016 Reported
- City Announces 2016 Memorial Day Holiday Weekend Schedule
- ComEd Work to Block Elmwood Ave. on May 25