The City of Evanston uses an emergency notification system to alert community members in the event of an emergency. This service allows you to sign up for text message or email alerts.
Sign up for Emergency Notifications by clicking the "Sign Up" button, or subscribe via text message:
- To subscribe to text alerts, text COE EMERGENCY to 468311
- To subscribe to email alerts, text COE EMERGENCY YourEmailAddress to 468311
The system will be used to notify residents about imminent threats to health and safety. Public safety officials will send alerts about emergencies such as severe weather, floods, gas leaks or critical police activity.
Click here to register for this service, and then enter your email address or your cell phone number.
If you don't sign up, you will still receive notifications on your traditional landline home phone, but nowhere else.
The system is only as good as the information you provide. If your phone number or email address changes, you must go to your profile and update the information. The one exception is traditional landlines. If a traditional landline changes to another landline number, that information will be automatically updated.
No, the information that you provide will be used for emergency purposes only. We will not give or sell your telephone numbers or email addresses to any vendor or other organization.
Sign Up for Emergency Notifications
Great Lake Plunge
#LOVESTORIES: Inspired by BLACK LIVES MATTER
Administration and Public Works Committee Meeting
Planning & Development Committee
- Attend the 2016 Evanston Lakeshore Arts Festival at Dawes Park August 6-7
- Police Chief Eddington Answers Questions About EPD Policies and Practices
- Emerson, Ridge, Asbury and Green Bay Corridor Project Update
- Harry Potter Book Release Activities Offered for "Wizards" and "Muggles" July 30
- Attend National Night Out Events in Evanston on August 2