- Community Choice Electricity Aggregation
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Efficiency
- Waste Reduction & Recycling
- Water Conservation
- Food Cycle
- Land Use & Development
- Community Resources
- Intern Program
Environmental issues affect the entire community, and it will take a collaborative effort to address them effectively. Listed below are many organizations that have become available to offer information and services covering a variety of issues.
- Citizens' Greener Evanston - Citizens' Greener Evanston acts to improve community control of our greenhouse gas emissions, and is a great resource for information on renewable energy projects.
- ISEN - The Initiative for Sustainability and Energy at Northwestern is an umbrella organization whose mission is to catalyze new science, technology, learning and policy for sustainability and energy.
- BASE - BASE is a good resource for learning about and incorporating greener business practices.
- Illinois Solar Energy Association - Educators and advocates for the application of solar energy in Illinois.
- Illinois Wind Energy Association - The Illinois Wind Energy Association was founded in early 2007 to represent the needs of the growing wind energy industry in Illinois.
- Citizens' Greener Evanston - Citizens' Greener Evanston offers information on how to become more energy efficient and save money on your bills.
- Chicago Center for Green Technology - CCGT promotes and advances sustainable homes, workplaces and communities to enhance the quality of urban life through educational programming and training, research and demonstration and by acting as a resource network.
- CEDA - Energy assistance and weatherization for low-income houses.
- CUB Energy Saver - The Citizens' Utility Board Energy Saver program helps customers save money on their electric bill.
- Energy Star - Energy Star is the EPA's program to promote energy efficient products and practices.
- GBI - The Green Building Initiative is a non-profit organization whose goal is to speed up the adoption of energy efficient buildings.
- IAER - The Illinois Association of Energy Raters is a state supported association of performance specialists trained in making your home more energy efficient.
- Clean Air Counts - A good resource for transportation tips and how to reduce your carbon footprint.
- CTA - The Chicago Transit Authority provides cleaner commuting options through bus and rail service.
- Metra - Metra provides an expansive rail system that connects the entire Chicagoland area.
- iGo - Car sharing network that allows customers to rent cars whenever they need them.
- ZipCar - Car sharing network that enables its members to use a car on demand.
Waste Reduction & Recycling
- SWANCC - The Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County provides information on waste collection and recycling options.
- Earth911 - Earth911 offers easily obtainable information on recycling information.
- Groot - Groot is Evanston's commercial waste hauler and the organization you should call if you are a multifamily home or business that wishes to start recycling service at your location.
- City of Evanston - The City of Evanston has a great deal of information on how to be more efficient with your water usage and how to save money on your bill.
- WaterSense - The EPA's program covering more efficient water products and usage.
- Farmers' Markets - The City of Evanston hosts Farmers' Markets every Saturday between May and November which showcases over 30 different vendors selling a variety of goods.
- Slow Food Chicago - A volunteer network within the Chicagoland area that seeks to create lasting change in the local food system.
- The Talking Farm - The Talking Farm's mission is to cultivate healthy, sustainable communities by supporting the production and appreciation of locally grown food.
- Dawes School Garden - The DawesSchoolGarden teaches children how to plant and grow their own food, ultimately getting a lesson in sustainable food practices.
Ladd Arboretum Committee
Board of Ethics
- Evanston Gun Buyback Event Set for June 29
- Temporary Traffic Control Plan on Dodge between Oakton & Greenleaf May 20-24
- Update: Evanston Missing Person Located
- Evanston Residents Called to Contribute to Historic Cancer Research Effort
- Evanston Police and Fire Foundation to Hold Inaugural Golf Outing June 17