- New! Evanston GreenBuzz Website
- Community Choice Electricity Aggregation
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Efficiency
- Earth Day & Arbor Day
- Sustainable Infrastructure
- Waste Reduction & Recycling
- Water Conservation
- Food Cycle
- Land Use & Development
- Community Resources
- Intern Program
Multifamily Recycling Pilot Program - Information on how to get your building to offer recycling and strategies for working with your property manager.
Evanston's Recycling Drop-Off Options - Check here for collection sites for your items that are not covered in curbside pickup.
Small Electronics Recycling - The City of Evanston provides recycling locations and information for those looking to responsibly dispose of their old electronics.
Fluorescent Lights Recycling - Fluorescent lights are a great solution to reducing your energy bill, but even compact fluorescent bulbs contain mercury making it very important to dispose of these lights properly at the end of their life.
Plastic Film Recycling - The City is now offering recycling of plastic bags and film packaging through a partnership with Trex. Drop-off locations are in community centers across the City.
Evanston Recycling Fair - The City of Evanston hosts a recycling fair each July at Evanston Township High School (ETHS). The fair provides residents an opportunity to recycle a variety of items, securely shred documents, obtain recycling education materials, learn about construction projects, and more.
Evanston's Recycling Guide - A comprehensive guide of what is and isn't recyclable.
Evanston's Curbside Quick Reference - Quick review of what acceptable recyclable materials.
SWANCC - The Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County provides information on waste collection and recycling options.
Earth911 - Earth911 offers easily obtainable information on recycling information.
Groot - Groot is Evanston's commercial waste hauler and the organization you should call if you are a multifamily home or business that wishes to start recycling service at your location.
Bike the Ridge
Rotary Club of Evanston Peace Festival
Administration and Public Works Committee Meeting
Planning & Development Committee
- First Human Case of West Nile Virus Reported in Evanston for 2016
- U.S. House Votes to Rename Evanston Post Office in Honor of Abner J. Mikva
- Reminder: Fall 2016 Bulk Trash Pick-ups Take Place Fridays, October 7-28
- Open Houses Set for October 4 & 5 to Discuss CTA and Pace North Shore Coordination Plan
- Celebrate the Adoption of the Age-Friendly Evanston Action Plan September 29