Local Employment Job Fair
- Date: 07/26/2018 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Morton Civic Center, Parasol Room, 4th floor, Room 4900
2100 Ridge Avenue
Evanston, Illinois 60201
A City of Evanston Local Employment Job Fair for the new Robert Crown Community Center, Ice Complex & Library will be held on Thursday, July 26, 4 to 8 p.m. at the Morton Civic Center, Parasol Room, 2100 Ridge Ave., Evanston.
The City of Evanston is constructing a new Robert Crown Community Center, Ice Complex and Library at the northeast corner of Main Street and Dodge Avenue.
The City of Evanston and construction manager, Bulley & Andrews and BOWA Construction, will be hosting a Job Fair to solicit participation from union trade Evanston residents interested in working on this project as a part of the City’s Local Employment Program. The fair will provide more information on the project’s scope of work, as well as information on the project’s anticipated job opportunities.
Qualified candidates will be considered for employment based on the following criteria:
- Must be at Least 18 Years of Age
- Must have a High School Diploma
- Must bring proof of Evanston residency in ZIP codes 60201 or 60202. This may include driver’s license, state ID or mail received at your place of residence within the past 60 days (utility bill, cable bill, etc.).
Be sure to bring and present:
- Current resume
- Valid Photo ID. This includes a driver’s license or ID card issued by the State (must have a valid future expiration date). Other forms of acceptable supplemental ID are a voter registration card, union card, flagger certification, or any form of formal construction training card.
- Union-affiliated workers must bring a copy of their union card and specific industry certifications.
For more information and to RSVP, please contact Peter Kuhn at pkuhn@Bulley.com by July17, 2018.
A Spanish-speaking translator will be present at the job fair.