National Night Out
- Date: 08/06/2019 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. Residents are asked to turn on their front porch lights that evening as a display of unity. This year's event will take place on Tuesday, August 6. Locations and events include:
- Kamen Park, 908 Seward St., 5:30 p.m. - Enjoy food trucks and games.
- Evanston Animal Shelter, 2310 Oakton St., 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. - Gather for games, treats for pets and refreshments.
- Penny Park, Lake St. and Ashland Ave., 7 p.m. - 2nd Ward Alderman Peter Braithwaite and neighbors will participate in National Night Out activities including YoFresh snacks and Anthony's Homemade Italian Ice treats, followed by a Starlight Movie, Avengers Infinity War, at dusk.
- Twiggs Park, Dodge Ave. and Simpson St., 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. - 5th Ward Alderman Robin Rue Simmons and 7th Ward Alderman Eleanor Revelle are co-hosting an event with a local DJ, the Let's Play Mobile Trailer, food, raffles, and giveaways.
- Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Ave., 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. - Games, reading and an appearance by the Fire Department will take place.
- Y.O.U., 1911 Church St. - Pizzapalooza, hosted by the Evanston Citizen Police Academy Association, will have pizza, soft drinks and a showing of the movie Secret Life of Pets. There is a $5 suggested donation for pizza.
- Howard Street Walk, Howard St. and Custer Ave., 6:30 p.m. - Join 8th Ward Alderman Ann Rainey at the intersection of Howard Street and Custer Avenue to walk with members of the Chicago Police Department.
More information on National Night Out in Evanston.