Fire Prevention Open House
- Date: 10/06/2019 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Location: Fire Station 4
1817 Washington St.
Evanston, Illinois 60202
In recognition of Fire Prevention Week, October 6 to 12, the Evanston Fire Department invites community members to attend a Fire Prevention Open House on Sunday, October 6, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Fire Station 4, located at 1817 Washington St., in Evanston. Planned activities include:
- Auto extrication demonstration
- Technical rescue demonstration
- Safety demonstrations
- Children’s Firefighter Challenge Course
- Fire and life safety educational activities for the entire family
This year, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Fire Prevention Week theme is “Not every hero wears a cape. Plan and practice your escape!" This year’s theme focuses on what a home escape plan entails and the value of practicing it.