Facing Dementia: Exploring Our Resources
- Date: 11/09/2019 9:00 AM - 12:15 PM
- Location: Evanston Public Library
1703 Orrington Avenue
Evanston, Illinois 60201
Members of the Evanston community are invited to attend "Facing Dementia: Exploring Our Resources," a free event hosted by Dementia Friendly Evanston, an initiative of Age-Friendly Evanston. This half-day event seeks to inform residents about dementia and provide information on resources available to those who are impacted by the illness.
- Dr. Raj Shah, associate professor at Rush Medical College and co-director of the Center for Community Health Equity
- Dr. Angela Roberts, assistant professor in the Pepper Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Northwestern University
- Mayra Ligeza, M.A., manager of outreach and education for the Alzheimer’s Association
The event will conclude with a community forum facilitated by Audrey Thompson, regional ombudsman for the City of Evanston, and Jill Skwerski, engagement services manager for the Evanston Public Library.
Registration is encouraged but not required. To register, please call 847-866-2919 or register online.