Public Hearing April 24 on Proposed Discontinuation of CTA Bus Route #205 Chicago/Golf
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) has announced that it will hold a public hearing on the proposed discontinuance of bus route #205 Chicago/Golf. Pace routes #208 Golf Road and #213 Green Bay Road will be realigned to provide alternate service.
The public hearing will be conducted on Tuesday, April 24, 2018, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Levy Senior Center, Linden Room, 300 Dodge Ave., Evanston. A presentation will be made regarding this proposal.
Pace Suburban Bus Division of the RTA posted the following on its web site:
1) Realignment of service on Route 208 - Golf Road
- To operate via Golf Road, Emerson Street and Dodge Avenue between Crawford Avenue and Church Street;
- To remove service on Crawford Avenue between Golf Road and Church Street and on Church Street between Crawford Avenue and Dodge Avenue.
2) Changes to Route 213 - Green Bay Road
- To extend service to the Howard CTA Station via Chicago Avenue;
- To improve service frequency between downtown Winnetka and Howard CTA Station;
- To operate school-day only service between Howard CTA Station and Evanston Township High School;
- To realign service between Northbrook Court and Highland Park to operate via Route 41;
- To remove service on Green Bay Road between Lake Cook Road and Highland Park Metra Station;
The location is accessible to individuals who use wheelchairs or other mobility devices. A Spanish interpreter will be available on site and a general American Sign Language interpreter will be available. Individuals with disabilities who require other accommodations should contact Michael Connelly, Vice President, Scheduling and Service Planning, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 312-681-4200 or Relay by Tuesday, April 17, 2018.
Written comments may be submitted up to Monday, April 30, 2018, by writing to the following address:
Gregory P. Longhini
Assistant Secretary of the Board
Chicago Transit Authority
567 W. Lake Street
Chicago, IL 60661
Email comments may be submitted up to Monday, April 30, 2018, by writing to email@example.com.