Evanston Police Gun Buyback on June 9
On Saturday, June 9, the Evanston Police Department will partner with Moms Demand Action of Evanston to give citizens an opportunity to turn in their guns for cash. A Gun Buyback Event will be held from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Christ Temple MB Church, 1711 Simpson St., Evanston.
- Guns must be unloaded and operational
- Guns must complete and functional
- Weapons should be transported in a case, bag, box, or other supporting item or in the trunk of a vehicle
- Must have ID and be a resident of Evanston, Skokie or the north side of Chicago
- First-come, first-served
- Amnesty-based, no arrests
- $100 cash for payment
This Gun Buyback Event is a great opportunity for those at risk to surrender their firearms and make a positive step towards turning away from criminal activity. It also gives community members a way to turn in unwanted firearms so they are not at risk for being stolen or misused.
If you have questions about the event, please call/text 847-448-4311. For convenience, you may dial 311 directly while in Evanston.
Click image to enlarge