City Notifies Residents About 2019 Parking Fee Changes
The City of Evanston has announced changes to parking fees in 2019 as part of the City’s Fiscal Year 2019 Budget. Some changes will go into effect later in the year, but the following updates will go into effect on January 1, 2019:
- A ticket for an expired parking meter will increase from $20 to $25.
- Hourly rates to park in the City’s three Self Park Garages in Downtown Evanston will be as follows:
- Less than one hour remains free
- 1-2 hours remains $2
- 2-3 hours increases from $3 to $4
- 3-4 hours increases from $4 to $5
- 4-5 hours remains $5
- The fee structure to park over 5 hours was simplified. The new rate for 5-12 hours is $10 and 12-24 hours is $16.
- Monthly permits for the Sherman Plaza Self Park Garage will increase from $110 to $125 and monthly permits for City-owned surface parking lots will increase from $60 to $90. Notices have already been sent to all affected permit holders. Note: Monthly permits for the 1800 Maple Self Park and Church St. Self Park Garages will remain at $110.
On March 1, 2019, the cost of parking at a 2-hour parking meter will increase from $1 to $1.50 per hour. Rates for long-term meters in commuter parking lots will increase from 25 cents to 50 cents per hour and 20-minute meters will increase from 25 cents to 50 cents. In addition, payment at parking meters will be required on Sundays from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
A summary of tax and fee changes for 2019 can be found at cityofevanston.org/budget/2019fees.
For more information, please call/text 847-448-4311. For convenience, you may dial 3-1-1 directly while in Evanston.