Openings Available On City Boards, Commissions and Committees
The City of Evanston is seeking volunteers to serve on City boards, commissions and committees, which help guide City policies on a wide range of issues impacting the entire community.
Those interested in serving should apply online at cityofevanston.org/applybcc. Applications are kept on file for two years and will be reviewed as positions open.
Current boards, commissions and committees with vacancies include:
- 911-Emergency Telephone System
- Affordable Housing Plan Steering Committee
- Arts Council
- Commission on Aging
- Economic Development Committee
- Equity and Empowerment Commission
- Housing and Homelessness Commission
- Mental Health Board
- M/W/EBE Development Committee
- Parks, Recreation and Community Services Board
- Plan Commission
- Preservation Commission
- Public Safety Civil Service Commission
- Zoning Board of Appeals
For more information, please call/text 847-448-4311. For convenience, residents may simply dial 3-1-1 in Evanston.