Enjoy Starlight Movies in the Park!
Evanston’s 2019 Starlight Movies in the Park series, presented by the City's Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department, begins on Saturday, July 27 with the showing of “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” at Twiggs Park, located at Dodge Ave. at Simpson St.
The series will continue through August 24 and will feature eight movies at locations throughout the city:
- *Saturday, July 27 – Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Twiggs Park, Dodge Ave. at Simpson St. *This movie was previously scheduled for August 3.
- Saturday, Aug. 3 – Incredibles 2, Ryan Field, 1501 Central St. (Northwestern University Community Picnic and Movie Night)
- Tuesday, Aug. 6 – Avengers: Infinity War, Penny Park, Lake St. at Ashland Ave. (National Night Out)
- Saturday, Aug. 10 – The Karate Kid (1984), Tallmadge Park, Noyes Street west of the CTA tracks (location changed due to Out of Space concert at Canal Shores)
- Tuesday, Aug. 13 – First Man, Dawes Park, Sheridan Rd. at Church St.
- Saturday, Aug. 17 – Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Cartwright Park, Prospect Ave. at Grant St. (sponsored by Westminster Place) - CANCELED DUE TO PENDING INCLEMENT WEATHER
- Tuesday, Aug. 20 – Hotel Transylvania 3, Baker Park, Keeney St. at Forest Ave. (sponsored by Gold Fish Swim School)
- Saturday, Aug. 24 – Ralph Breaks the Internet, James Park, Oakton St. at Dodge Ave.
On Saturday, Aug. 3, Northwestern University will host a free Community Picnic and Movie Night at Ryan Field. Free food and festivities will begin at 3:30 p.m., and the movie will begin at 6 p.m. RSVP is requested.
With the exception of the Northwestern University event, movies will be shown at dusk, around 8:30 p.m., with interactive family activities taking place beforehand, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Admission to the movie is free and families are encouraged to bring blankets. In the case of inclement weather, movies will be canceled.
A schedule of Starlight Movies is available at cityofevanston.org/starlight. For more information, please call/text 847-448-4311. For convenience, residents may simply dial 3-1-1 in Evanston.
Photo courtesy of Northwestern Athletics