Fleetwood-Jourdain Theatre Nominated for Seven Black Theater Alliance Awards
Evanston’s Fleetwood-Jourdain Theatre (FJT) has received seven nominations for the 25th annual Black Theater Alliance/Ira Aldridge Awards.
The Black Theater Alliance Awards, Inc. (BTAA) was founded in 1995 to honor African Americans who achieve excellence in theater, dance and all areas of the performing arts in the Chicagoland area. Stage productions produced and presented August 1, 2018 through July 31, 2019 were eligible for this season’s awards.
FJT’s award nominations include:
- Best Play (Drama or Comedy) - The Mountaintop
- Best Play (Musical or Revue) - Crowns
- Best Direction of an Ensemble - Tim Rhoze, The Mountaintop
- Best Leading Actress in a Play - Jazzma Pryor, Sunset Baby
- Best Actor in an Ensemble - Jelani Pitcher, The Mountaintop
- Best Actress in an Ensemble - Shadana Patterson, The Mountaintop
- Best Sound Design - Marissa Geocaris, The Mountaintop
Winners will be announced on Monday, October 14 at the BTA Awards held at the Conaway Center at Columbia College, 1104 S. Wabash, in Chicago.
Fleetwood-Jourdain Theatre is a City of Evanston-sponsored premier professional theatre with a commitment to diversity and creative excellence. For more information, please visit fjtheatre.com or call/text 847-448-4311. For convenience, residents may dial 3-1-1 directly while in Evanston.
Photo: Jazzma Pryor as "Nina" in "Sunset Baby" (Photo by Basil Clunie)